Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babi cakes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 03:41 PM
    Can I adopt
    Can I adopt my boyfriends child even if the child lives with his mother and I am 16years old and I am not happy the way he's living :confused:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2009, 03:47 PM

The mother is willing to give up all rights to her child to you?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2009, 03:51 PM

I seriously doubt is any court is going to allow a 16 yr old to adopt a child. Even in the unlikely event that the mother agrees.

I also have to wonder about your judgement if you are a 16 yr old involved with a boy who has already fathered one child, apparently out of wedlock.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2009, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babi cakes View Post
    can i adopt my boyfriends child even if the child lives with his mother and i am 16years old and i am not happy the way hes living :confused:
    Please please please don't get pregnant.
    crytib Posts: 6, Reputation: -2

Feb 26, 2009, 04:39 PM
    You can adopt them if the mother is willing to give them up to you for adoption
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2009, 04:41 PM

Well after you become 18 and you are married for at least a year to your new husband, and after your husband gains full custody of the child away from the mother,

Then the mother can sign her rights away to allow you to adopt.

So is the mother willing to do this and you willing to do all you need to do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

My exgirlfriends son whom I've been takeing care of for 14 years wants my last name

Adopt my son [ 1 Answers ]

Can my boyfriend adopt my son even know he has lost his parental rights to his other child and we are not married?

Want to adopt [ 7 Answers ]

Hi M a 25 yrs old single woman. M working in a good company. I want to adopt a child, but m not sure what laws are there to adopt one. I don't know whether, I can adopt a baby, without having a man in my life. I have no intention of getting married , or associating with any man. So I want to know...

Would we be able to adopt? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are unable to have children and I have been thinking a lot about adoption. The problem is that my husband got a misdemeanor a few years ago and I am wondering if this would make us ineligible?

Want to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

What would to necessary steps be to adopting a 26 illegal immigrant. He has a tax ID number and has never been in troulble with the law and has been paying taxes for three years. Hes a great man I would like to help... Any ideas!!

View more questions Search