Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psai_geetha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 12:24 PM
    Dry hair with split ends.
    Hello,
    I have dry hair with split ends. How can I treat my hair? What steps can I take to prevent more split ends. Please help.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Feb 26, 2009, 12:30 PM

You can temporarily seal split ends with hair serum or coconut oil. But the only way to get rid of the is to cut it off.

To prevent split ends, you need to keep your hair healthy by using nourishing shampoos & conditioners, weekly deep conditioning treatments and lowering usage of heated appliances such as straighteners. And when using heated appliances, use a heat protection spray. Also, when your hair is wet, your hair can stretch easily so always use a wide toothcomb to de-tangle knots gently. Regular hair trimmings help lots too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horrible split ends! [ 3 Answers ]

I have about shoulder length hair and its getting really really bad split ends. I can't cut it or else it will be too short and my hair won't grow back fast enough afterwards to accommodate new split ends. Does anyone know any products or things I can do or use to help. I have to straighten my...

Split ends breaking, freezy hair [ 4 Answers ]

Please help My daugther is 16 years old, she is mixed black and hispanic, she has curly hair, for the last thee years she has been experimenting what to do with her hair. We used relaxer two times, hair color 2 times. She uses the hot flat iron a lot , because it is the only method that works...

Damaged hair ends [ 1 Answers ]

I'm lightning my roots, but my hair is about 3 to 4 inches long and I don't want any of the dye to TOUCH the ends. Last time I lightened my roots, I got dye on the ends because my hair is to short to keep it off. Is there anything I could put on my ends like vaseline or something to protect them...

Split ends trimmed [ 2 Answers ]

Should I trim my hair while it is wet or when it is dry

View more questions Search