Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joykat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2006, 12:08 PM
    My 10 year ols son front tooth has not come in yet?
    Our 10 year old had his baby tooth pulled at age 8 1/2 because there was another tooth behind it. The permanent tooth was above the second tooth. However it has not appeared yet. We have had x rays done twice since the extraction, and they say the tooth is moving down, but we still see no sign of it. I am growing impatient and want so reassurance that it is on its way.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 22, 2006, 06:31 AM
    Be sure it is on its way. Did he get his baby teeth at an early age, say 3 months? Or was it later?

If it is moving on the x-ray it surely will come down. Not to fret.
    joykat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2006, 07:02 AM
    Thank you for responding, are you a dentist, that would reassure me if you are. Also, his teeth came in rather late if I remember correctly, that was a long time ago. My husband and I have 6 children, so my memory of when all their teeth came in is foggy. I do think his teeth came in at about 9 months of age
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 22, 2006, 07:07 AM
    No, I am not a dentist, only a nursing student. But I have 4 kids who range in ages from 20 all the way down to 4. I remember my 12 year old had a tough time with this. Her tooth turned grey, the dentist said it was because the baby tooth died as the adult tooth was coming in.

She lost her baby tooth around 8 and it took almost a year for the adult one to come in. A lot of it has to do with when the baby teeth came in.

If they come in late, then most likely the teeth will fall out late and it will take longer for the adult teeth to come in, on average.

My friend who is a dental hygenist (I just got off the phone with her) said that if the dentist sees the tooth on the x-ray it is there, not to be alarmed, sometimes they are slow moving down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth abscess. [ 19 Answers ]

I recently had a crown come out and had to go to the dentist to have it put back on. The dentist took an x-ray and told me I had some infection in that tooth and I'd need a root canal. I was started on antibiotics yesterday and a few hours after seeing the dentist my tooth started hurting. It's...

When will permanent tooth appear [ 1 Answers ]

Our 8 year old daughter has lost one front top tooth and just lost her 4th tooth on the bottom. The other front top tooth has been loose for over a month but hasn't come out yet. The first top tooth came out I think about 4 months ago and nothing is taking it's place yet. The new permanent bottom...

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

Abcessed tooth [ 2 Answers ]

Just spent the weekend with the agony of an abcessed canine tooth. Today, I wouldn't have recognized myself in the mirror. I am on 2 antibiotics, and wonder how long it will be for the swelling to go down, so I can see the dentist.

Discolored tooth [ 6 Answers ]

I have a discolored tooth that my dentist says has been caused by nerve damage. Is it possible to reverse the discoloration? Also, I rinse my mouth with baking soda. Could that have caused the discoloration? Is there any danger in rinsing my mouth with baking soda?

View more questions Search