Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2006, 12:05 PM
    Publishing a coloring book
    I am interested in self publishing a coloring book. I am not an artist though. I have many ideas and will have to hire someone to do the graphics. Any suggestions on how to get started. I have searched for info on the web and cannot find anything on how to publish a coloring book. The only thing I could find was info on comic books.
    Bobbo_the_Beggar Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2006, 04:43 PM
    My suggestion would be to go to a private printing company and ask them about the idea. Chances are they could steer you in the right direction on starting the project. As long as you can manage all your images, I'm sure that the actual printing of the book will be easy. I'm fairly certain that printing companies use computers now, so if you compile your images on a computer you could send them to the printer and have the book printed. Unless you have a private printing press, you'll have to have a small company do your printing.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 29, 2006, 04:56 PM
    I am a former graphic designer who knows a bit about commercial printing and magazine publishing. I would like to know a few things first please.

What exactly is the need or motive to self publish?
    Is this going to be for sale or for private distribution only?
    How big $$ do you hope this gets?
    Do you know anything about printing (its okay if you don't)?
    How many copies do you anticipte on the first run, or is it an only run?
    EMC- Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 07:50 PM
    I actually am looking into publishing a colouring book featuring my lineart.

The connection with Comic Books is that not all artists are good at everything. I myself find strength in my lineart over my colouring. Some artists prefer to ink pencil drawings. And some prefer to colour. Usually the lineartist is the person you'd find drawing the images in the colouring books you see kid's use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Publishing a book [ 4 Answers ]

I'm about 95% complete with my book. I have written it to sell. It's over 72,000 words. What is the best format (Font, size, spacing) to convert my Word document for sending to publishers and book agents. Anybody know a good agent?

Publishing [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get books published and how much it costs?

Publishing [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get books published and how much it costs? My wife is writing children's books.

New Coloring book from Chery to download in PDF format. [ 2 Answers ]

This one is of Clowns and other Fun, downloadable for 7 days. Hope you like them. Chery http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=12MNUR1GM2SGE2CK9MTZCQ91Z4

Publishing a book [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get published inexpensively? What are the best publishing companies?

View more questions Search