Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Go to netsol.com and use their WHOIS search and search on that domain. You will find contact info. Send them a cease and desist letter demanding they remove your resume.
    mrcruz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 04:27 AM
    As a past victim of Sophea and Theous I have some new information to share.

Beware of Theous, they are now back as Grant Writers Association and they use a manipulative review chart like Top10Charts.org to get people to buy from them. I know because I call and it is the same guy who picks up the phone Also, they made a different review chart for logos called top10companies.org with animation studio as number 1 which is again them and Top10ResumeWriters.com which is them also listing their resume site as number one. The toll free number is the same on all the websites.

As long as they come up with new names and new review charts they can always disguise themselves as a different company. What can we do to stop them from ripping others off
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithe
    This is Jasmine of Animation Studio Customer Support Department. If there are any clients with any issues or any problems please contact me directly at [email protected] and I will make sure that any problems you have I will attend to it personally.
    Jasmine, since your company has no connection to Theous, Sophea, etc. I moved the parts that pertained to your company out of this thread and into their own. See it here:
    http://<u>https://www.askmehelpdesk....79089.html</u>
    Bernetta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 02:39 PM
    STOP THEOUS CORPORATION FROM CONTINUING TO SCAM UNSUSPECTING VICTIMS WITH THEIR FRAUDULENT PRACTICES

On August 11, 2005, I was “intentionally” “scammed” of $545 of my hard-earned money by “Theous Corporation” which “was” doing business – “at the time” – as “Sophea Web Site Extreme Designers” also referred to as “Sophea Corporation” dba “Infinology Corporation.”

I purchased a “customized web site” “package” that “included” both “design and programming” for my small business. Specifically, Sophea Corporation provided several web design packages, and identified the “package” “I bought” for “$545”, as the “2000 Series Enterprise Profit Generator.”

And…you guessed it, no web page designer; no work performed! Yes, I spoke to several broken-English-speaking-people with names like “Albert Palomo”, “Winnie”, “Leah”, and “Katrina”. The best of the conversations were with “Katrina” who told me that “my refund was being processed” by their “Billing Department” (yeah, right “wink”); she would check on my refund status; “specifically communicated” that “I would receive my $545 within one (1) week”; and to “submit an e-mail to her attention” with “the reasons” “why” I wanted my money refunded. And, the best one of all was with “Albert” who “suggested” that “instead of my $545 refund”, “my money” “could be converted” into Sophea’s “Store Credit Program” and “referred to a link” that was identified as “sopheatest.infinology.net…”

On May 19, 2006, I filed a claim in Small Claims Court case against Infinology.

On July 14, 2006, I received a Notice of Entry of Judgment to receive my $545 refund, plus $40 in court costs. Yes, I won my case…And…you guessed it, again…still no payment!!

On April 19, 2007, I spoke with “Janet” at 1 (877) 864-8489 identified on the Theous Corporation “web site” and was referred to “Sophea Mendosa” at 1 (213) 341-1868 who – get this – would talk to the…you guessed it, the “Billing Department”, and would “call me back within one (1) hour”…I’m still waiting…

My next step? File the appropriate court forms such as Judgment Debtor’s Statement of Assets, Application and Order for Appearance and Examination (Enforcement of Judgment), Writ of Execution, and/or Abstract of Judgment…I believe in PERSEVERANCE!

Be afraid…be very afraid of Theous Corporation and STAY AWAY FROM THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY…The Los Angeles Better Business Bureau –Company Report 937 – has given Theous Corporation an “F” rating – no surprise…I discovered an “Ask Me Help Desk” web site – https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/intern...ogy-32225.html – that identified some “2006” victims and I discovered a “Complaints Board” web site – Complaints Board | theous – that has even more recent – “2007” – complaints made by several more of Theous’ VICTIMS…one victim, in particular, stated, “Theous are now back as Grant Writers Association…” Scary!!

DON’T BECOME THEIR NEXT VICTIM…YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED!!

Bernetta
    Boulder Creek, CA
    U.S.A.[/QUOTE]
    Accent Intl Traders Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Though I agree with most of what has been said here I do have one complaint. Many small start-ups are trying to cut costs wherever possible. I am a college student at the university of Iowa, considering I am living off student loans and now what I make from my company, even if it is just $2-5 a month for an email, sometimes we need to save what we can especially because cash flow is the largest problem for any starting entrepreneur. Granted, this company you all have referred to, having "100 customers a day," seems large enough that it should have a corporate email. But don't hold it against us little guys that are just starting up if we have a Yahoo email account. The pressures of success are so great that even just a few bucks a month are important.

There are other ways of verifying businesses. There are websites that keep a database of businesses that have TIN's and you can call the businesses local BBB and chamber of commerce to see if they have any record of these companies. Furthermore, a lot of illegit companies don't have phone numbers that match their location so you can just check the yellowpages to see if everything lines up. If they have IM you can check their profile and see if there are any discrepancies between that and the info they gave you. Though it can be a red flag, don't judge a company solely by its email host.
    animationstudio Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 04:38 PM
    I don't know why my messages did not display. I am the director for animation studio. I know we don't run a perfect company and I am here to fix all problems. So if anyone has any problems, please contact me personally at [email protected] and I will take care of any problems you have in 1 business day. Thanks.
    Smurff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Sophea,Theous,Animation Studio are SCAMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!!
    They took my money just like that and never deliver what I have ordered.
    I should have believed Iggy their designer that they all worked in the Philippines.. That is why there are roosters on the background every time I call them. They say that it's their cellphone... HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO no Americans are going to use that tone!! Believe me REFUND YOUR MONEY or you will REGRET IT!! I want my money back but certain Janet Brooks said there is NO REFUND!! And if I want refund there is PROCESSING FEE CHARGE for all the works they have done for me. HOW COULD THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING FROM ME IF I HAVE NOT SUBMITTED THEIR SO CALLED QUESTIONNAIRE THAT EVEN TEENS CAN ANSWER IT AND ITS IRRELEVANT.
    I WANT MY MONEY BACK OR I WILL FILE CHARGE BACKS FROM MY BANK

ALL VICTIMS OF THESE COMPANY REFUND YOUR MONEY NOW!! THEY ARE ALL SCAM and they are not in LOS ANGELES as they say they are! They are bunch of Filipinos! Go to their company's address and you will find there's no EXUSTING company as such

Jun 9, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Smurff we would be glad to issue you a refund. I am the director in charge and I can approve the refund. Please contact me with your first name and last name and I will issue the refund right away. If you are not satisfied with the work we did for you, you can always get a refund.

Jun 9, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Email me at [email protected] with your contact info and we will issue you the refund you want. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Closing S-Corporation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We closed our business (S-Corporation) April of last year. We are incorporated in the state of Kentucky. All bills owed and taxes due have been paid. Can you tell me what we need to do to actually close the corporation. Thanks, Harry

Think we are getting scammed with trumped up charges after moving out [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Virginia. We recently moved out of an apartment that we had been renting for one 1/2 years. The apartment complex is only two years old. Since we broke the lease to buy our house, we had to pay for all of August, though someone was scheduled to move in on August 20. We were to be...

Final return - S-Corporation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing the final return for our Travel Agency, an S-Corporation. We closed the business April of last year as we were unable to sell it. As of the end of 2005 all that remains on the Balance Sheet is Assets - Cash $14 and Intangible Assets less Accumulated Amortization $21,729 . ...

American Business Corporation (ABC) [ 3 Answers ]

American Business Corporation (ABC) announces IDO Program through ABC Employment In August of 2005 American Business Corporation announced an Independent Division Owner program for it's employment Division ABC Employment. The program allows independent owners to license exclusive Rights...

Corporation sole, freedom or a ticket to jail? [ 2 Answers ]

There are numerous web sites touting the alleged tax immunity and asset protection features of the corporation sole, and there are numerous peddlers who would like to help relieve you of your hard-earned money. Many well-meaning but overly-trusting Christians have already been taken advantage...

View more questions Search