Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 02:21 PM
    1. I am not representing AskMeHelpDesk in any way.
    2. I'm just a curious and nosy fella myself
    3. I called Theous and asked for Sarah Williams
    4. A guy hesitated just a moment past what I was comfortable with - then said "hold on please", then
    5. A gal with a very heavy asian accent came on the line and said "May I help you?"
    6. I hung up.

This is not an effort to discredit the company in any way - or to claim that this experience means anything at all. I am just sharing my experience with y'all :)
    DieselDude Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 08:44 AM
    THEOUS IS A SCAM!

Contact The Internet Crimes Division of the FBI. THEOUS, INFINOLOGY, ALBERT PALOMO are being investigated.

Indeed, these are talented people at Theous; talented at deception and ripping people off.

They took my money, did not deliver the product, and never did refund my money as promised.

There address in Los Angeles is a false-front.

Also, keep an eye out for Trade-Pals. Albert Palomo is somehow affiliated with them too.

ANOTHER POSSIBLE SCAM SITE: BEWARE

http://www.trade-pals.com/business-p...ther-1534.html
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Being investigated by the FBI? Where is this found?

You pretty much posted this same thing awhile back in this thread... is there new info to add?

I say this only to point out that we are certainly interested in sharing information and experiences, but don't want to be just a bulletin board to bash people or companies.

Has anyone complained to the California Attorney General about these folks? And I'm still eager to see if the BBB might take complaints of them more seriously if it were pointed out to them that Theos is falsly advertising their rating... so seemingly therefore misusing BBB's logo.

Nov 1, 2006, 08:56 AM
    THEOUS IS A SCAM.

Again, read my post: "Contact the FBI Internet Crimes Division"

Inquire, Inquire, Inquire!

http://www.ic3.gov/contact/
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2006, 09:29 AM
    Did you post the correct link? It does not tell us that the company or owner is being investigated by the FBI.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not disagreeing with your claim: I do personally agree that it's a scam to say "best rated" with the BBB and be rated F... or take peoples money and not give them what they paid for... but an investigation by the FBI is another matter altogether.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 1, 2006, 10:51 AM
    I would say the answer should be in what they will do.

Our one poster said they paid money and never received anything, so I think the company rep should tell us the date the refund will be made to this customer. ( assuming all this is real)

And honestly even I have a company and a church email address, I don't use them on here but even the most basic company should have their own email address. I most likley have 4 or 5 ( too many for me personally_

Nov 1, 2006, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    I would say the answer should be in what they will do.

Our one poster said they paid money and never recieved anything, so I think the company rep should tell us the date the refund will be made to this customer. ( assuming all this is real)

And honestly even I have a company and a church email address, I don't use them on here but even the most basic company should have thier own email address. I most likley have 4 or 5 ( too many for me personally_

Thank you Father. Absolutely! Theous has not made good on their word that I would be refunded.

I would appreciate it if this guy Rick would stop down-playing all of this. Clearly, Theous.com, Infinology, and Sophea.com are a scam. It is all too obvious, especially to the many victims.

For me, it's not a matter of getting my money back anymore. I am confident in that I will not be getting my money back from Theous. However, my mission is to do whatever I can to help the U.S. Government bring them to their knees and shut them down.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDude
    However, my mission is to do whatever I can to help the U.S. Government bring them to their knees and shut them down.
    So what are you doing?

P.S. it's never a good idea to piss off the moderators of a website.

Nov 1, 2006, 12:33 PM
    THEOUS IS A SCAM.

Again, read my post: "Contact the FBI Internet Crimes Division"

Inquire, Inquire, Inquire!

http://www.ic3.gov/contact/

Rick,

1) Go To The Link. http://www.ic3.gov/contact/

2) Click on the Contact Us Tab.

3) You Can Eiither Call Them, or Send Them An E-Mail Inquiry.

The process is really not all that difficult.
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2006, 12:34 PM
    Hey, I'm on your side, really! :D

Yes, taking money and not delivering is a scam, and
    Yes, falsifying a BBB rating is a scam.

I was only asking you to say where and how it can be verified that they are being investigated by the FBI.

Nov 1, 2006, 12:34 PM
    P.S. it's never a good idea to piss off the moderators of a website.[/QUOTE]

Why, is it because they can't handle the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    Hey, I'm on your side, really! :D

Yes, taking money and not delivering is a scam, and
    yes, falsifying a BBB rating is a scam.

I was only asking you to say where and how it can be verified that they are being investigated by the FBI.

Alrighty then. No problem.

[QUOTE=NeedKarma]So what are you doing?

1) I am in close communication with 11 individuals that have been victimized by this scam.

2) I am working with the LA Better Business Bureau to make sure that all communications and transactions are documented regarding the Scammers.

3) I am working with the FBI Internet Crimes Division by providing them as much information as possible, (Correspondence, TraceRoute Info, etc.)

4) I am working with the Federal Trade Commission, which referred me to the FBI Internet Crimes Division. The FTC is also monitoring this situation.

I am not the only person doing all of this, and those eleven people that I mentioned are not the only ones pursuing this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 1, 2006, 12:49 PM
    Why, is it because they can't handle the truth?
    The issue is not handling the truth, but seeing it. You have made a statement that the FBI is investigating this company. When asked to back up that statement your response is basically "ask them yourself" and you provide a link to do so. The point Rick was making here is that, you are not answering the question.

I don't think anyone here believes this company is legitimate. Their forgery of the BBB site makes that obvious. But if you make a statement you should be able to back it up with more than go ask them yourself.

Nov 1, 2006, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    The issue is not handling the truth, but seeing it. You have made a statement that the FBI is investigating this company. When asked to back up that statement your response is basically "ask them yourself" and you provide a link to do so. The point Rick was making here is that, you are not answering the question.

I don't think anyone here believes this company is legitimate. Their forgery of the BBB site makes that obvious. But if you make a statement you should be able to back it up with more than go ask them yourself.

Would it help if I provided you all with every piece of E-mail correspondence that I have? Just give me the go-ahead.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 1, 2006, 01:01 PM
    That is not necessary. The text of one e-mail that backs up what you have said would be sufficient. Or if one e-mail doesn't do it, then maybe some isolated quotes will do a better job. Something along the lines of:

I received an e-mail from Agent John Hardesty of the FBI stating that the company had been under investigation for fraud since 2005. A case against them is pending.

Nov 1, 2006, 01:02 PM
    "I don't think anyone here believes this company is legitimate. Their forgery of the BBB site makes that obvious. But if you make a statement you should be able to back it up with more than go ask them yourself.[/QUOTE]"

That's all I hope to achieve here; to make it as obvious as possible.
    I don't have access to the FBI's servers. Common sense should tell you that if I am in communication with the FBI, that for you to find out whether they are being investigated, you shoud contact them to hear it from them. I am not an FBI spokesman. I simply provided a way for you to contact them and inquire.

The reason that I know they are investigating this, is because I was contacted and told so by them. If that's not good enough, then yes, contact them yourself and inquire.
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2006, 01:09 PM
    I think I see the issue here. You've reported them to the Internet Crime Complaint Center, "an FBI - NW3C Partnership"... so presume that they are being investigated by the FBI.

Hopefully they really are

Nov 1, 2006, 01:12 PM
    I think I see the issue here. You've reported them to the Internet Crime Complaint Center, "an FBI - NW3C Partnership"...so presume that they are being investigated by the FBI.

Hopefully they really are

Almost. But then again, I have actually verbally spoken with someone.
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2006, 01:35 PM
    I like to see justice done. I've just emailed Mary Lou Diaz, Director of Consumer Services of the LA office of the BBB that this company is falsely advertising their BBB rating ;)

Nov 1, 2006, 01:55 PM
    I like to see justice done. I've just emailed Mary Lou Diaz, Director of Consumer Services of the LA office of the BBB that this company is falsely advertising their BBB rating ;)
    Absolutely. That's all I want too. I only lost $165 to them, yet there are some folks that have lost a lot more than $165 to Theous.com, Sophea.com and Infinology. Even though I was a victim, my fight is genuinely for those folks that have been greatly taken advantage of.

I research Theous.com, Sophea.com.net, and Infinology every single day. I do whatever I can to follow their trail. I am just waiting for their Web Site to be shut down; in the meantime, I'll bet that they are probably scheming up some other fraudulent plan to create emotional distress on their future victims.
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2006, 03:52 AM
    Response is back from my email to BBB:

Quote Originally Posted by Better Business Bureau
    Mr. J*,

Thank you for letting us know of this company's misrepresentations regarding
    their BBB report. We are aware of their misuse of our name and have referred
    the matter to our legal department for further recourse. The company's
    rating takes into consideration the misuse of our name and logo.

Sincerely,

Alicia Robertson

Assistant Director of Trade Practice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Closing S-Corporation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We closed our business (S-Corporation) April of last year. We are incorporated in the state of Kentucky. All bills owed and taxes due have been paid. Can you tell me what we need to do to actually close the corporation. Thanks, Harry

Think we are getting scammed with trumped up charges after moving out [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Virginia. We recently moved out of an apartment that we had been renting for one 1/2 years. The apartment complex is only two years old. Since we broke the lease to buy our house, we had to pay for all of August, though someone was scheduled to move in on August 20. We were to be...

Final return - S-Corporation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing the final return for our Travel Agency, an S-Corporation. We closed the business April of last year as we were unable to sell it. As of the end of 2005 all that remains on the Balance Sheet is Assets - Cash $14 and Intangible Assets less Accumulated Amortization $21,729 . ...

American Business Corporation (ABC) [ 3 Answers ]

American Business Corporation (ABC) announces IDO Program through ABC Employment In August of 2005 American Business Corporation announced an Independent Division Owner program for it's employment Division ABC Employment. The program allows independent owners to license exclusive Rights...

Corporation sole, freedom or a ticket to jail? [ 2 Answers ]

There are numerous web sites touting the alleged tax immunity and asset protection features of the corporation sole, and there are numerous peddlers who would like to help relieve you of your hard-earned money. Many well-meaning but overly-trusting Christians have already been taken advantage...

View more questions Search