Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greeneyedbaby Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2009, 11:12 PM
    My moody boss
    I work at an adult family home. My boss is the boss. It's a small business so she is the owner, the boss, the everything. Here is the problem she flip flops her policies around to fit to how she wants them to fit. Like one of her policies is no facial piercings. However she hired a girl not to long ago with a eye brow ring and a nose ring. I have a tongue ring and wear a clear ball and you can't even see it and she tries to get me to take it ot because she doesn't like it and her policies say no piercings in the face. She's very contradicting. One day she says do this this way and the next day she says do this that way. Its making working for her. She's constantly around and breathing down my neck. Its making it hard to work and function. Other than quiting what can I do to make my work life easier for me without blowing up and yelling at my boss to back off??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 11:13 PM

Nope at the end of the day, the boss is the boss
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 26, 2009, 12:11 AM

The songs you play are the ones you learn the words to. I mean by that that the thoughts you peruse will become very REAL to you.

But the boss is the boss and "fairness" is a wasted pursuit against anyone except your own actions.

So, stop complaining in your head about what you don't like about working there and start going out of your way to say and think about the things you LIKE about this place. You need those thoughts to become more real than the negatives.

Most people dwell on the negatives, it human nature, but it's bad human nature. We're smart, too, so be smart about what you let yourself dwell on.

Instead of being unhappy about the flopping policies, become a master at taking advantage of them. Seems like now is the time to get those piercings you seem to value so highly. And if you do it, don't be sneaky, go up to the boss and THANK her for relaxing the piercing policy and praise her.

Hehe. Learn to have some fun with your life instead of making lists of things you don't like. You learn the words to the songs you play the most often.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moody booting [ 1 Answers ]

I hope someone will be able to help me with this. My Windows XP machine refused to boot. It goes until after finding the boot record on the disk, and then stops right there, leaving a blank screen. When trying safe mode, it stops while loading windows/system32/config/system. After rebooting a...

Moody mother, moody baby ? [ 8 Answers ]

Is anyone convinced that a moody pregnant mother will eventually give birth to a moody baby? I'm due in another 7-8 weeks - and I have been feeling anxious, depressed, snappish, irritable & sensitive. I know its all hormonal but there are external factors that do cause me all this anxiety and...

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Moody all the time [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my husband as you know has been trying for a baby now for 3 yrs, I can't get in to c my doc until 4 weeks time.. but this week I have been relly moody with hubby and also my boobs where sensative the other day. I've got another week until my periods start but are these a sign of pregnancy or...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

View more questions Search