Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelrocks13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Tomorrow I'm dyeing my hair black with the semi-permenant (28 shampoo's) hair dye, my natural hair color is dark brown, when the dye is all gone will I get my natural hair color back? Help please!
    Alista Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 06:12 PM
    Make chamomile tea and let it soak in your hair while you sit out in the sun... also, try some shampoos and conditioner that have colour in them... I like the copper shampoo... it will add some nice light colour and eventually the black will turn into a nice honey brown... try to expose your hair to as much sunlight as you can... for quicker result, swim a in a chlorine pool,, this will strip the hell out of any hair dye! Hope this helps
    jadiiex123 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Jun 15, 2011, 10:00 AM
    Comment on KIMBERLEY5678's post
    Hi, how long would it take for the shamppo (Vosene) to lighten your hair?(:
    jadiiex123 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Jun 15, 2011, 10:22 AM
    Hi, I just wwant to say that have you ever heard of t-gel? Its origionaly for dandruff or a sour scalp, but its very strong, you use it like shampoo, but its very strong. The smell might be off putting but it works a dream to fade colour.
    lindsf90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 05:43 AM
    My fiance's mom is a hair dresser. She recommended washing your hair with laundry detergent because it is harsher and will help the color fade faster and she also recommended washing it every day. I tried it today with the laundry detergent and a small amount of black came out.. my hair however is not black its just very very dark brown.
    lalalalaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2011, 03:40 AM
    My hair did the same sort of thing, the hair dye was meant to be dark brown but it came out basically BLACK. I have researched up on the internet, that if you use tar based shampoo it will come out quicker or if you poor hot olive oil on it then you will be able to see the deifference and the hair dye when it washes out. This won't get your light colour back but I expect it will get it back to brown? I'm going to try it! :D hope it helps :)x
    laurenJhartley Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2011, 01:13 PM
    You can buy hair colour remover ask your local boots it strips the colour you have just used
    thomasi17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 05:05 PM
    I did the same thing I tried to due it out with resting it a bright red the only thing that only colored was my scalp=( I need something that is really going to get this black out!!
    jaxFace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2011, 11:18 AM
    Cvs sells something called oops but you have to use it with in a few days after it is died but it really works. My hair was blonde and the dye turned it a gray blue and oops took it all out!
    lovemyhair Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2012, 10:32 AM
    The best way to get black hair dye out without damaging your hair is using horse shampoo amd vitamin b pills to keep hair healthy also cutting hair into layers to get as much black hair out and washing hair in manzanilla watter helps lighten
    Haileybrown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
    I did the same thing! I was frustrated at first and tried everything to get it out, mine faded in about 2 months and now it's a little darker than normal but I love it now :)
    I really think for now you should rock it, and wait don't get too stressed over it. Mine was PERMANENT. It came out, don't worry it will come out.
    For now you should try
    - leaving dish soap in your hair for about an hour, this takes out the dye like concrete. Remember to shampoo and condition after.
    - use dandruff shampoos
    - try putting crushed vitamin c pills in your hair, search it up it will explain more. Don't WORRY and if you've reallly messed things up, go to your hair salon. I was going too, but I didn't need to and I'm glad I didn't waste my money! After a month its nice dark brown, and then it willl fade to normal.
    nicky420 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2012, 02:49 PM
    My hair is an auburn red and for some reason I thought dying it black was a great idea and even though it doesn't look bad on me, I don't want it. So what I've been doing is using the soap for the washing mashine (Tide, with no bleach)as shampoo and it's amazing how much dye comes out! I'm also trying the original head and shoulders shampoo mixed with baking powder.
    bubblespawspa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 10:39 PM
    Its worth it, an I mean this sincerely, to swallow your bride and pay a pro to do it. First they have to strip all the pigment out of it, then scrup the snot from your hair, then re deposit the right color into it then rinse rinse rinse, then apply conditioner let that set in, and then trim what has been fried. Leave it to the pros. It's costly but so so worth it
    Mmgraham23 Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2012, 06:13 PM
    Listen to dianne64!! It really works I had/ still have the same problem and this neutragena might work I've done hot oil treatments.. those are good but Iam using neutragina tonight I'll let uk if it works also word to the wise the dish soap just dries out your hair and it's just horrible don't use it! It's not work it it will damage your scalpe very badly!
    bindieblue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Lmao,well girls there's something to try.
    Silverkyoku Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2013, 09:06 PM
    Whenever I dye my hair black and it comes out too black I always buy head and shoulders shampoo and after three washes it lightens and fades.
    stephcc1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2013, 01:50 AM
    Yes there is a way! Without stripping or washing like crazy,or using peroxide and lemon that turns orange after trying a hundred times, or dying again at this will work. Get Sally Hansen or Jolen cream hair bleach for face. Mix the whole little bowl and put where you want your hair lightened. I put all over except roots. Leave in about 15 minutes. Shampoo and condition as normal. This will lighten perfectly without turning orange.It didn't damage my hair and I would certainly do this before going to the salon and causing more damage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

Tips to fade semi-permanent hair after 48 hours [ 2 Answers ]

Last Thursday I had my hair dyed at a salon and it came out black. My hair is naturally dirty blonde and I just wanted it a shade darker than my roots to even it all out. I really don't know what she did to make it so dark. I didn't think to try home remedies when I got home and went away for...

What color would my hair fade into.. [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well... I heard that Prell shampoo works well. See... I experiment with my hair often. My hairstylist, Carlos, and me decided I could go a shade and a half brighter in my red because it was fading fast. I was scared to do the whole head so I higlighted it... and because of that, I did not dye my...

How to Fade Dyed Dark Hair? [ 12 Answers ]

Im naturally a very fair, light brown colour hair and I died it black about 3 months ago but because my hair is so long I used two hair dyes to cover it. Unfortunately it didn't and the ends of my hair stayed the same light colour. Now my roots are coming through so I have light roots and light...

How to make dark hair dye fade faster [ 207 Answers ]

Today I dyed my hair "dark brown" and it came out too dark. I don't want to strip or bleach my hair, I just want to make the color fade a little faster. I've read about several ways to do this and I wanted to know if anyone knew the best method or if any of these really work. Here are the...

View more questions Search