Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Well pump controls
    Hope this in the correct forum. I am looking at diagnosing a well pump with a curious problem. It will quit after several hours. Usually by turning off the disconnect and turning it back on it will re-start. However, when this is done, the start capacitor terminals arc and snap for about 2-3 seconds... then the pump runs normally. Today I had to reset the start overload switch. At this point I believe that the start relay is still OK, but there is a problem with the starter relay which is continuing to energize the capacitor after the motor starts. Am I on the right track? I have some HVAC control experience, but well pumps are totally new to me. Any and all advice would be welcome.

Thanks.
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Feb 26, 2009, 08:30 PM

I'm not trying to be smart, but what would you do if it was a compressor? Do the same thing here, it's just a motor. Don't have time to go farther and I would be repeating what you already know. Trouble shooting is the same it just looks different.

EPM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting controls [ 1 Answers ]

What is the purpose of internal control? Why is internal control important? How can internal controls help or hinder a company's success?

Internal controls [ 2 Answers ]

What type of internal controls might be useful for this company in overseeing the manager's recommendations for accounting change

Ac controls [ 1 Answers ]

When I move the thermostat to make my central air conditioner come on,the inside fan starts but the condenser outside won't come on.It takes about three to five minutes for the condenser to actually start. Could this be the thermostat or some kind of relay?

View more questions Search