Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Feb 25, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Hsv2 questions
    I was recently diagnosed with hsv2 but I have been having VERY frequent urination, I feel like everything runs right through me it's pretty bad, I work over nights and It's usually when Im at work, I had a urinalysis and no tract infection can this possibly be caused by the herpes? also I am not currently taking any medication any more, I was at first but 5 days later I started having really bad chills and shivering and diziness I rushed to the ER but they said it couldn't be the medication So I don't know if that was caused by the hsv as well, but my gynecologist said stop the medications, now since I'm not taking anything, can there be any complications in not treating the herpes? I really am delicate to medications, I was actually on two, nitrofurantoin and acyclovir , one was for a uti since I told her I was having so much urination she said shed treat me for it anyway, but I just went to the health food store and bought some stuff to boost my immune system, I don't like taking medications, my doctor also said that acyclovir is very strong for a weak immune system, any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Also I forgot to add, I've had some fluttering and pain at the top of my left leg where your thigh starts, can that also be from the herpes? A year ago I also had my son and some after effects of the epideral were right on that leg kind of the same way so I don't know if it could be from that also.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Feb 25, 2009, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarMar27 View Post
    I was recently diagnosed with hsv2 but I have been having VERY frequent urination, I feel like everything runs right through me it's pretty bad, I work over nights and It's usually when Im at work, I had a urinalysis and no tract infection can this possibly be caused by the herpes?, also I am not currently taking any medication any more, I was at first but 5 days later I started having really bad chills and shivering and diziness I rushed to the ER but they said it couldnt be the medication So i dont know if that was caused by the hsv as well, but my gynecologist said stop the medications, now since im not taking anything, can there be any complications in not treating the herpes? I really am delicate to medications, I was actually on two, nitrofurantoin and acyclovir , one was for a uti since i told her i was having so much urination she said shed go ahead and treat me for it anyway, but I just went to the health food store and bought some stuff to boost my immune system, I dont like taking medications, my doctor also said that acyclovir is very strong for a weak immune system, any help would be appreciated! thanks.

also i forgot to add, ive had some fluttering and pain at the top of my left leg where your thigh starts, can that also be from the herpes? a year ago i also had my son and some after effects of the epideral were right on that leg kind of the same way so i dont know if it could be from that also.
    I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. If you have an active HSV infection near your urethra, I do think it could cause such an irritation- but it wouldn't hurt to have another urine sample tested to make sure you don't have a bladder infection or something along those lines.

Your symptoms of dizziness and chills don't sound like those associated with Zovirax or Acyclovir... was this your very first out break? Often times, the first out break is accompanied with flu-like symptoms, which I think would include chills. Are you having frequent out breaks? If you are, a daily regimen of an anti-viral med is really the best deterrent.

I often get a fluttering or pain near the area you describe, but I've never associated it with HSV2 (which I also have)... I figured it was nerve irritation from running, exercise, etc.

I think you should return to the doc to rule out a bladder infection and perhaps try a different anti-viral med. I hope you feel better soon...

Feb 25, 2009, 06:53 PM

Thanks for your answers, and yes this is my first out break, I just found out on the 13th because I was having burning with urination and a lot of itching in one spot so I got some lab work done to see what was going on and that's what it was, I have what seems like a rash right now actually, I am very worried what will happen in the next couple of days.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Feb 25, 2009, 07:12 PM
    You'll be o.k. although it probably doesn't seem like it at this point. It's possible that you might develop a bacterial infection from the out break (yes, this happened to me), but your doc can put you on an anti-biotic that will clear it up quickly. I'm not a big "med" person either, but I had to make some accommodations where HSV is concerned. I had frequent out breaks until I went on 500 mg.s of Zovirax daily. At first, it made me a bit spacey, but now I'm completely used to it and I only get an outbreak once a year or so. At first, it might seem like the worst thing in the world, but this is a very manageable disease. Please check back with your doc if you experience severe irritation or swelling...
    Take care...

Mar 2, 2009, 11:49 PM

Thanks. I don't know if I'm having an outbreak, I only have one small bump and it's the same one the gyno saw the day I was diagnosed, al though I think I might have them internal, because at one point I remember having really bad painful urination where I even cried and it was after they had put a straight catheder through me to get some urine at the ER in December and I thought it was a Uti, and the pain lasted for a while, and yes I had bacterial vaginosis as well I was treated for it in January, Pain in the ***!! To deal with all of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Hsv2 preventing outbreaks? [ 5 Answers ]

Is there anyway to prevent an outbreak, I hear that reducing stress is a good way to prevent an outbreak.

More questions? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay so to anyone who has read my previous questions... now being with my ex again, not really talking to that other guy... Is it I good idea to buy another place out in the country. Cause we bought our first place together and when I left I left it for him, (and his daughter) but now I really want...

Too many questions! [ 12 Answers ]

YouTube - Woman Sat on Toilet for 2 Years How or why would he be okay with this for two years without seeking help? Why didn't the relatives worry that something wasn't right and request/demand answers? He has been taking care of her? How bringing food from the kitchen to the toilet? How...

5 Questions [ 4 Answers ]

The first question is about a song I believe is from Johnny English. They say "Your Unbelievable" a lot. The next one is a rock song. The Lyrics are "Headstrong we'll take you on, we're not afraid of anyone" The next question is a rap song. It goes "Let me put your arms around your waist,...

View more questions Search