Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reno561 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 04:08 PM
    A default has been entered in my favor. What do I do next in order to collect in NJ.
    I am acting pro-se but have limited knowledge of civil law in NJ. I need to know what steps I need to take to collect on the judgment.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2009, 05:26 PM

Now comes the hard part. If the loser won't pay, then you have to find assets you can attach. When you locate an asset you go back to the court and ask for a writ of attachment or garnishment from the court. Then you hire a sheriff to serve the writ.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Default Order - How do I collect my money [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I was awarded a default order on censent, now I need to know how to collect my money.

Order for Dismissal Entered. Now what? [ 2 Answers ]

I did a motion with the court to dismiss my case based on Plaintiff's counsel not providing the documentation to validate the debt to me. I received the order in the mail stating the case was dismissed. Which initially made me very happy. No trial on January 5, 2008. Which is great. Now, I...

Lawyers trying to collect a default CC from 5 years ago [ 5 Answers ]

I opened a credit card in 1999 and was young & dumb and didn't pay it. In April of 2003 they sent it to collections with 30% interest. So a balance of $1,900 is now $3,000. The lawyer just sent me a letter in October 2008 that the debt is now due and owing. This is the first time that they have...

Judgement Default Entered Against me. [ 12 Answers ]

I was served a summons and complaint in March, 2008. My daughter was very sick and I didn't file the answer (which I did prepare) due to numerous doctor visits. At the same time, I my temp position ended. So, I was then on unemployment and looking for work. I obtained work in April 2008. ...

Can I collect interest on a loan that is in default? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter's best friend (past tense) mom borrowed $700.00 from me with a verbal agreement to pay me every two weeks until the loan was paid off. She started paying as agreed one payment and then I had to call her for other payments. I collected in total $300.00 from her. She stopped answering...

View more questions Search