Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ms Gemma Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 02:08 PM
    Hair strand test for alcohol
    Does anyone know how the calculation is done for hair strand tests for alcohol. I have done a lot of reading on it but can't seem to find an answer to this. I know that 1.5 inches is usually taken and that represents around 90 days. Also know that the 'cut off' seems to be around 60g of alcohol a day. Do they add up the total number of grams of alcohol consumed and divide by 90 thus giving a daily amount? Help!
    maggie09 Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Jun 9, 2009, 12:22 PM

I'm really not sure.. im avin the same problems finding out even how it works.all I no is that I've got to have a test done to prove I'm not an alcoholic which I'm not but I do have a drink at the weekends and maybe the odd 1 in the week especially if the weather is nice.but my husband has told the court I'm not capable of looking after my son as I'm always to drunk and that isn't the case its because I've left him for someone else he wants to make my life difficult.however he makes me laugh as I'm due another baby in 4 weeks but he isn't bothered about that one he told his solicitor I'm a good mum so that's men for you stupid and thick.can you please let me no what information you have on hair strand testing thanks
    ginnycm1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 11:33 AM
    I have had 2 of these tests, I was only drinking alcohol at weekends but a lot with my mates and also a couple of glasses in the week, last year they decided that my little boy would stay with his dad as I was ver the limit, the limit is what they recommend that you drink on a daily basis anything over that they will say you drink too much, here's a really mad thing gave up for 6 months did not touch a drop, but in the meantime now have bulimia, when the new test was done, they asked me if I had lost an excess amount of weight and also if I was bulimic I lied, my results were positive saying on one hand I was an excessive drinker and on the other hand a nother test was done saying I am teetotal negative, my son has been living 3 weeks with me, and now if they don't clear this up I will have to hand him back, the fact that they ask at the test if you are must mean that it affects the test surely, I honestly did not touch a drop for 6 months as I wanted him back so badly and look now at what has happenend, whatever you do, do not lie about anything they ask you, bulimia, medicines etc, this has gone badly wrong for me and could now lose him for good due to my eating disorder not the fact that I have it, as that does not impair me as a mother but that I did not disclose it. Xx also they take about 1 inch for each month, so 6 months for 6 months, x
    maggie09 Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Jun 24, 2009, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ginnycm1 View Post
    I have had 2 of these tests, I was only drinking alcohol at weekends but alot with my mates and also a couple of glasses in the week, last year they decided that my little boy would stay with his dad as i was ver the limit, the limit is what they recommend that u drink on a daily basis anything over that they will say u drink to much, heres a really mad thing gave up for 6 months did not touch a drop, but in the meantime now have bulimia, when the new test was done, they asked me if i had lost an excess amount of weight and also if i was bulimic i lied, my results were positive saying on one hand i was an excessive drinker and on the other hand a nother test was done saying i am teetotal negative, my son has been living 3 weeks with me, and now if they dont clear this up i will have to hand him back, the fact that they ask at the test if u are must mean that it affects the test surely, i honestly did not touch a drop for 6 months as i wanted him back so badly and look now at what has happenend, whatever u do, do not lie about anything they ask you, bulimia, medicines etc, this has gone badly wrong for me and could now lose him for good due to my eating disorder not the fact that i have it, as that does not impair me as a mother but that i did not disclose it. xx also they take about 1 inch for each month, so 6 months for 6 months, x
    thanks for letting me no I only drink how you drink but that was when I was with my husband as I was depressed now I'm out and with the man I love and I've just had another baby I'm on top of the world and don't need to drink all I want is my other son home with me full time.my husband knows I'm a brill mother and has no issues there he is just using it as an excuse to keep hold of my son for the housing benefit and child money.. sad I know but that's how he is.. I hope it all works out for you.. xx:)
    catherine09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 02:13 AM
    My ex is a raging heroin addict and used to beat me up, so I got moved to a women's refuge 90 miles away from home and have had to start a brandnew life with my 18 mth old son, yet because he wants access to the baby(his name is not on birth cert) and he's said its me who drinks and takes drugs... we BOTH hve to have these tests, its ridiculous!! He'll just shave his hair..! So wats the point??
    catherine09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 02:13 AM
    My ex is a raging heroin addict and used to beat me up, so I got moved to a women's refuge 90 miles away from home and have had to start a brandnew life with my 18 mth old son, yet because he wants access to the baby(his name is not on birth cert) and he's said its me who drinks and takes drugs... we BOTH hve to have these tests, its ridiculous!! He'll just shave his hair..! So wats the point??
    craigmullen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ginnycm1 View Post
    I have had 2 of these tests, I was only drinking alcohol at weekends but a lot with my mates and also a couple of glasses in the week, last year they decided that my little boy would stay with his dad as I was ver the limit, the limit is what they recommend that you drink on a daily basis anything over that they will say you drink to much, here's a really mad thing gave up for 6 months did not touch a drop, but in the meantime now have bulimia, when the new test was done, they asked me if I had lost an excess amount of weight and also if I was bulimic I lied, my results were positive saying on one hand I was an excessive drinker and on the other hand a nother test was done saying I am teetotal negative, my son has been living 3 weeks with me, and now if they don't clear this up I will have to hand him back, the fact that they ask at the test if you are must mean that it affects the test surely, I honestly did not touch a drop for 6 months as I wanted him back so badly and look now at what has happenend, whatever you do, do not lie about anything they ask you, bulimia, medicines etc, this has gone badly wrong for me and could now lose him for good due to my eating disorder not the fact that I have it, as that does not impair me as a mother but that I did not disclose it. Xx also they take about 1 inch for each month, so 6 months for 6 months, x
    Hi I was wondering where would I get the tests done? Its to prove to my wife that I have not been drinking to excess as I did do quite a lot of binge drinking and I was horrible to her. The last time I had a drunken drink was aug 27 and I have had a beer with a meal a few times but no more than one pint and then a shandy or orange. This is so I can try and prove to her that I haven't been drinking for months and I can now see my two baby's. I would be more than appreciative for any hellp on this matter
    Thank you.
    Angelinaball Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2013, 10:31 AM
    I still don't understand what bulimia has to do with the results>? Is it because you lost weight the alcohol you drank showed up as more because you were not eating properly?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol and hair test [ 10 Answers ]

Does alcohol show up in a hair test? And does it also show up ina urine test ifyou were to drink right before you peed?

ETG Alcohol Test (80 Hour Alcohol Test) [ 1 Answers ]

I drink Non-Alcoholic Beer, but it still contains less than 0.5% alcohol per bottle. I usually have one or two every couple of days. Will this show up in the test? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Due to take hair strand test [ 2 Answers ]

I am due to take a hair strand test in the next couple of days testing for cocaine. This test is to go back 6 months. I have been clear of cocaine for 167 days, my hair is short (approx 3/4inchs long) and I dye it regually (twice a month) will anything show up?

Pot, hair strand testing [ 1 Answers ]

How long does pot stay in the hair. How is the amount calculated? I have a hair follical test coming up soon. I haven't smoked pot in a little over 3 months, and have had a hair cut. Any one out there know anything that could be useful? Thanks in advance!

View more questions Search