Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pro36 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2009, 01:59 PM
    I lied for attention and now I might loose everything

[F]
    It started about 9 months ago. I broke up with my boyfriend and I was really upset. He had been cheating on me. But I had to pretend like it was all okay. Because we had the same friends and he sat beside me in math. So we would talk and I decided to tell him I was talking with this guy that used to go to our high school( he was 3 years older). I told him we were having fun. But then a month later my boyfriend calls me up, middle of the summer, Crying. He said he made a mistake and he wanted to get back together. I gave him one last chance. We broke up again 2 weeks after that because he said it was weird.

So I was very upset. So I started saying I had a boyfriend. This guy that was 3 years older. I thought that if I kept it on the down-low then it wouldn't get out of control. I was wrong. By October everyone knew. I told my ex-boyfriend that I was getting serious and I was having sex with this "boy" and he wanted to get married.

But then I met this guy in my grade and started falling for him. What was I to do. So I "called it off" with this extremely good looking guy, to go out with, lets say nerd.

Yes I have a real boyfriend now. And yes he is a nerd. But I love him. Hes sweet and he makes me feel very special.

But now my ex-boyfriend found the "guy". The guy I had told him I was dating. I don't know what they talked about, but I heard that he told him he has never heard of me in his life.

OHH NO!

Now my boyfriend and my ex-boyfriend and all of our friends are starting to figure stuff out. Its 9 months later and what do I do.

I need to know what the right thing to do is. Do I tell the truth because it's the right thing? Even though once I do I might loose all my friends.

I go home everyday and cry and cry and cry because I screwed up my life so bad. All because I needed a little bit of attention.

Now I have the most amazing boyfriend ever and I might loose him if I tell him the truth. I Plan to tell him on Saturday... tell him everything. Let him know that all I am scared of is losing him over a stupid mistake I made.

Is this the right thing to do? Just looking for a little but of support and advice.
    SassyVixen Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Feb 25, 2009, 02:25 PM
    I would tell new boyfriend as soon as possible that you made up a pretend boyfriend and it was a stupid thing to do. Don't play into the drama and try not to make a big deal out of it. Let him know that you really like him and care about him and hope that one silly mistake doesn't change his opinion about you. If he really likes you - he will appreciate the fact that you've been honest with him. Everyone makes mistakes - it's a great way to learn. You will get through this.

And oh - by the way. If he does take a hike - he wasn't worth the time and effort anyway. Better it happens now than in six month. Smile and Good luck!! ;)
    NateStone Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2009, 09:40 PM
    Yup Yup :)
    Tell him everything about the pretend BF, explain how much you regret it and you didn't know what you were thinking
    If he really likes you he will understand, if he flips out, chances are he's not a great guy in the first place :)

And honey, this whole ordeal is nothing to really be crying over, you only made a mistake.

If your worried about losing your friends if you tell them the truth. Don't Be.
    If they are true friends they will sympathize, if they don't then just **** them, it's hard yes but life will move on :) Guarantee it
    oscarlicous Posts: 154, Reputation: 10

Feb 27, 2009, 09:04 AM

Did you tell your boyfriend about what happened?

Feb 27, 2009, 09:34 PM
    I am going over to his house tomorrow night for dinner. So I plan to tell him then.
    oscarlicous Posts: 154, Reputation: 10

Mar 2, 2009, 06:19 AM

So how did everything work out? Good I hope. :)
    giggle_monster Posts: 84, Reputation: 0

Mar 2, 2009, 06:49 AM

I think you should tell him the truth and that you was just getting back at your ex for cheating on you and the reason why you lied was because you didn't want to lose him and if he really cares about you then he won't flip out.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 12:33 PM

Tell them all the truth, if these are real friends you won't lose them because you told a stupid lie while you were in pain.

Tell the new boyfriend I'm sure he will understand.

Then get ready to hold your head high anyway because I'm sure there will be people that will make fun or whatever.

These are the times when you find out who your real friends are.

Also learn a lesson from this and don't lie! It only ever causes trouble.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 12:46 PM

I caught this a little late. I was going to say I agree with everyone here, and I was curious how it went too.

Mar 2, 2009, 12:59 PM

I had it all planned out... didn't work.
    Because when I got there his mom came home. So I couldn'd do it. I will try this weekend.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 01:21 PM

Stop trying and just get it done.

Anytime is a good time if your doing the right thing, come on.

Stop making excuses for yourself!

It won't get any easier the longer you leave it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loose weight or loose my marriage! [ 60 Answers ]

I have been married for about 12 years , my husband has always had a problem with my weight. I have never been hugely overweight just a little pudgy.At one time I lost a lot of weight and got down to a size 4. I am now at the most I have ever weighed.180 size 12/14 See the thing is, for the past...

Does he like ME or just ATTENTION? [ 40 Answers ]

I was going out with this guy once every week or two for a couple months. We really enjoyed hanging out and talking -we had lots of interests and values in common and he was good looking. There was an age gap though -I was closer to 20, he was closer to 30. A rather large experience gap when it...

How do I get her attention [ 6 Answers ]

So I like this girl in one of my classes and she is really cute but I don't know how to talk to her since I am really shy and insecure. She is even in my lab group so its like the perfect situation to talk to her but I am to shy to actually talk to her how should I do it??

View more questions Search