Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crystal Sparkx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Concerning Routers And Hub?
    I am doing an assignment work on Router & Hub for my studies:eek:.. Too be honest I have very little idea what these are:( and I am pretty much confused about both topics:confused:... answer the following as precisely as possible so that I have a clear idea. And then be able to search more on these topics by myself... So here are the questions:

* What are Router and Hub ?
    * Why are Router and Hub used ?
    * What's the function of Router and Hub ?
    * How do Router and Hub work ?
    * What's the advantage and disadvantage of both ?

Reply ASAP!

Thanks...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 25, 2009, 01:41 PM
    This site will tell you everything you need to know: HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works!

Also Please refer to this announcement: Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2009, 01:43 PM

You are doing this backwards. The answers you seek can be easily found with a little bit of research. What you are asking is that we do your research for you and that's not how this site works. If you need further clarifications, show us that you did your own work and we will try to help further.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 01:47 PM

I agree with the two gentlemen above me. Can I ask why you're doing an assignment on something that you have no interest in? Was it issued or picked.

Rick
    latingmex Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 02:21 PM
    This link HowStuffWorks "How Routers Work" shows you how routers work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MAC filtering on routers [ 3 Answers ]

A quicky for someone. Is MAC filtering safe security for a wifi network?

Wireless routers [ 1 Answers ]

My friends partner has bought her a wireless router for her for her home,he set it up through his laptop, when he is not there she can not get online without him being there with his laptop,(he does not live there), he has also put a password in without telling her what it is, how can she get round...

Routers and DSL [ 4 Answers ]

My default gateway is 10.0.1.1 at home. It's still a private address. DHCP addresses are low numbers (2 computers and a radio) with yearly leases and the fixed IP addresses for printers are high numbers. I can't get to my DSL modem because I am operating in Bridge mode. If anybody can explain...

Wireless Routers [ 7 Answers ]

Im trying to find the best type of wirless routers and there price. Is there a site that reviews them simply? And easily? Or can someone recommend the brand worth getting. We need it to go through out our house. I already have broadband internet, however I want it so others in the house can...

Multiple Routers? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello All, Currently I am accessing the internet from the wireless card on my PC. It is connecting to a DSL Actiontec Wireless Router (or modem?). That Router also is connected to my dad's PC with a ethernet cable. My wireless signal has to carry pretty far so I'm thinking it would be much...

View more questions Search