Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karenbailey14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 11:48 AM
    Calculating daily pay rates
    How can I calculate a salaried employee's daily pay rate?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Feb 25, 2009, 03:34 PM

It depends on how many days a week the salaried employee works for the company.

If the employee works 5 days a week and there are 52 weeks in a year than that employee works 260 days a year.

If the employee makes 50,000 dollars a year than you would divide 50,000 by 260 and the daily rate would be 192.30.

You do not use the days the employee is not working as you do not pay for days off.

In salaried a day can be any number of hours because if the salaried exempt employee shows up for work and works he is paid for the whole day. So he could work 5 hours or 10 hours or 12 hours and it is still one day. This is why you cannot use hours to figure the salaried exempt pay.

Shirley
    karenbailey14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 07:19 AM
    Thank you so much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating Daily Rate Salary [ 1 Answers ]

If an employee is paid $700.00 per week, how do you calculate his gross pay if he is paid bi-monthly?

Calculating Interest Rates [ 1 Answers ]

What is the formula for calculating interest rates when the present value, the years and the future value is given?:confused:

Calculating interest rates [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure of the correct formula to calculate interest rates. If I had a PV of $400 a FV of $684 and 11 years to pay, what is my interest?

Calculating interest rates [ 3 Answers ]

find the interest rate of the following combinations of present and future values: Present value years future values $400 11 $684 $183 4 $249 $300 7 $300

Calculating Interest Rates [ 1 Answers ]

Say I have a loan for $196,000.00 it is a 30 year fixed rate and my monthly payment is $1522.66. What is my interest rate? PS this is not for homework, I am just trying to figure out how you would calculate to find the answer. I don't need the answer just maybe an explanation on how to go about...

View more questions Search