Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sasha_1 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Feb 25, 2009, 10:50 AM
    37 weeks, baby not yet dropped
    I am 37 weeks pregnant. My baby has not yet dropped down. In fact her favorite position is just under my right rib cage. Any idea when the big "drop" will happen?

Or what can I do to help my baby drop and engage? Just so you know, I suffered from extreme vomiting throughout my pregnancy... even vomiting now. So any exercises or long walks will not work for me.

Thanks so much.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 01:10 PM

It can happen at anytime... might be tomorrow, might be in 3 weeks or so. Generally first babies will drop sometime in the last month of pregnancy and subsequent babies might not drop until sometime during labor. Neither is carved in stone however.

There is nothing you need to do, in fact, trying to make it happen can sometimes cause baby it not be in an optimal position... as sometimes happens with inductions.

Enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy... pamper yourself, rest, and spend time with your partner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

My baby dropped. [ 2 Answers ]

How long before delivery after your baby drops? I have 3 other children, but have never made it far enough to have it drop.

Is it possible for the doctor to be able to tell the sex of my baby at 17 weeks? [ 4 Answers ]

I'll be 17 weeks when I see the doctor in about a week and 3 days... I just wanted to know if she will be able to tell the sex

31 weeks has baby dropped [ 3 Answers ]

Im 31 weeks this is my first child is it possible that the baby could have already dropped I've been feeling a lot of pressure down there whenever I walk and many kicks to the ribs what could this be? Is it possible that I could go into labour at 38 weeks

Baby dropped [ 4 Answers ]

Is it normal for the baby to drop at 31 weeks? Do it mean that I'm going to have him early, or am I just going to have this hurtful pressure for the next 9 weeks?

View more questions Search