Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanberg66 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Wife threatening to kidnap child overseas
    Hi: I am married to a woman of Russian/German background. She is a US citizen though. She has become increasingly unstable though and has begun talking openly about leaving me and taking our three year old son to Germany to live with her brother. In terms of background, I am a good father, provide love and support for our son, and he clearly loves me (I have about 500 pics to prove it too:) I don't drink, smoke, no criminal record etc. upper-middle class guy who has always provided well for my family. I do not want a divorce and am hoping she changes her mind, but if worst comes to worst, I really want to remain a central part of my son's life. I have no desire to ask for full custody or even right now joint custody where he shuttles back and forth, I respect how hard she works as a Mother, but I do want to be able to visit him on a regular basis and stay closely involved in his life. She really controls him, and I feel like he needs his daddy in his life. Also, if she does slip away to Germany while I am at work, she is still a US citizen (and only US, no dual citizenship), can I get some kind of court order that she return? Assuming all of the above, can she get away with just moving to Germany for an indefinite period and cutting me out of my son's life? I know Mothers get all the favorable treatment, but there must be some limits, right? My thinking is, if I am reasonable in my requests and clearly love my son, that she could end up looking very bad if she were to carry out this scheme. Or, am I pretty much screwed here?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 10:49 AM

Do your children have passports?

Feb 25, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Its only one child, a three year old boy. He does have a US passport and a US birth certificate.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 11:20 AM

Do you have control over the passport?

Feb 25, 2009, 11:27 AM
    I don't, its either in a box in the bureau or somewhere in her purse. It probably would not be difficult to obtain it. She's threatening to leave on April 3rd, once his spring break from pre-school begins.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 11:33 AM

Sounds like it is time to get a restraining order if she is making threats.

The court can force her to hand over the passport.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How get divorce if married overseas? No kids.wife never been in USA. [ 4 Answers ]

Hay Almost two years ago I got marry in pakistan with pakistani lady. I'm form TX and USA citizen. My wife parrients are very old and she is the only child of her parrient. She was agree to come USA before marry but since her father got heart Attack she do not want to come to USA. For me I...

Child Support enforcement overseas [ 6 Answers ]

My husband left the family in August. Me and my 2 children are leaving Canada to go reside overseas. So far he has religiously deposited his child support every month. There is no legal agreemet, just verbal. How can I enforce his responsibility for continuing to make these payments in my canadian...

Ex husband threatening to sue me for child abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

I have been divorced since October of 08. My son lived with me up until Dec of 08, I decided to move to better my life and my son did not want to come with me. I wanted him to come but he wanted to move in with his dad. He now lives with his dad. (My son and I have a horrible relationship and he's...

Taxes for overseas wife with dependent son [ 1 Answers ]

My wife lives in a South American country and has an 8-yr old dependent son living with her. Both having their petitions approved already, they should be arriving at the earliest to live with me in the United States in 1Q-3Q 2009, but not before 2009. She has a very small income <$5500 per year...

My ex boyfriends estranged wife tried to kidnap my son [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have a 9 year old son who I have full custody of him right now his father resides in Michigan state I reside in Indiana state my ex boyfriend is my sons father he was remarried or married to this lady she is canadian citizen she had a argument to my ex in dearborn Michigan with my ex which...

View more questions Search