Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaggieAdams101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2006, 11:15 PM
    Help finding book titles
    I do not know the titles or the authors, I only have a vague description. The first one is about a boy (?) that finds a dog, wants to keep it and can't, and after trying to find it a home, without success, keeps it in an abandoned car. I was told it was Shiloh, but what I have read of Shiloh doesn't sound familiar...
    The other one I am sure nobody has any idea how to locate. It was read aloud to me during 3rd grade over 20 years ago and the ONLY thing I remember is it dealt with pheasant hunting, and a man (Or a boy, or a father/son couple maybe?) who drugs the pheasants with aspirin?? I remember loving the book and wish I could figure out the title.

I apologize for being so vague, but this is all I can remember about these two books. I have been looking in vain for over a decade.
    Thank you for ANY information you can give me.
    HYPERION Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2006, 04:22 AM
    Hi. The second book you are looking for is called 'Danny, champion of the world' and was written by roald dahl..

It is a classic.

Hope this helps!
    cookie2000 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2006, 01:23 PM
    Yeah, I was going to say that - you beat me! I love the book!

The other one rings a bell, I think there were some bullies involved and the dog saved the boy, or is that another one??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie titles need help [ 3 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can remember these 2 movies that I saw when I was younger than 10... Late 70's, early 80's. MOVIE #1 This movie is about an American Indian kid who is forced by his parents to spend the summer at his Grandfather's ranch. He doesn't care about his indian heritage. His...

Several titles needed to be remembered [ 4 Answers ]

First movie I remember staying up late, on like Cinemax or something back in the mid nineties. I remember that it starts, showing a family being separated by Social Services. One daughter goes to a good home, and the other ends up in a bad home. Fast Forward so many odd years. The good daughter...

Car Titles [ 3 Answers ]

My dad co-signed for me to get a car, and I need to get my name off the title, is that at all possible, and if so, who do I need to go to have this done, Motor Vehicles or the dealership where we bought the car from?

Help Me Please! - Unknown Book Titles [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! I'm looking for the title of 2 books I read as a child. One deals with a handicapped teenager who is dealing with the fact that she got her young brother killed, and plays a computer game in which she slays dragons. The other is about a group of 5 or 6 teens who are taken from...

View more questions Search