Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    And fiber optic transmissions is much more efficient and better than unsightly wires criss-crossing the country that go down every time the wind blows.
    Maybe your guys need practice down here. If they went down every time the wind blew we'd be in the dark 80 percent of the time.

I think McCain could have used Vince right after he flew back to Washington to rescue the economy.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 07:33 AM

Tom, I hear the Gnats are going after Houshmandzadeh. He can probably catch those balls thrown behind him. :D
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 07:40 AM

Maybe your guys need practice down here. If they went down every time the wind blew we'd be in the dark 80 percent of the time.
    Tell that to Kentucky ;the epicenter of a multi-state natural disaster response;a performance that was covered up (Obama's Katrina event ) earlier this month .

Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear called the ice storm "the biggest natural disaster that this state has ever experienced, at least in modern history." He called out the entire National Guard .

A quarter million Americans without power in the dead of winter and FEMA was AWOL .

Obama joked and yucked it up about his kids missing school in D.C while 250,000 Americans froze (some to death ). MSM gave Obama a pass.
    The Associated Press: Ice-battered Kentucky pleads for help from storm
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 07:44 AM
    tom, I hear the Gnats are going after Houshmandzadeh. He can probably catch those balls thrown behind him. :D
    I like it! Get him to catch the errant passes and maybe Dixon learns to hold onto the deep passes .
    Who knows how far they'll go ? They also need to get deeper at Linebacker... especially if Pierce becomes collateral damage in the Burress case.Perhaps get line backers who can tackle when Westbrook gets through the D Line.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 08:52 AM
    tell that to Kentucky ;the epicenter of a multi-state natural disaster response;a performance that was covered up (Obama's Katrina event ) earlier this month .

Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear called the ice storm "the biggest natural disaster that this state has ever experienced, at least in modern history." He called out the entire National Guard .
    Now ice is a different story altogether, but around here if a power line gets blown down it's usually because a tree was blown over... we get quite the wind in these parts. That's why T. Boone has such an interest in wind power, he's not having much luck buying up our water to ship downstate so he needs another way to bring in the bucks for all that open space he has an interest in. More than likely he doesn't give a hoot about wind energy, he's all about what's best for Boone.

A quarter million Americans without power in the dead of winter and FEMA was AWOL .

Obama joked and yucked it up about his kids missing school in D.C while 250,000 Americans froze (some to death ). MSM gave Obama a pass.
    The Associated Press: Ice-battered Kentucky pleads for help from storm
    And I swear it was just a couple of weeks ago that someone in the MSM brought up the Bush Florida school moment without mentioning Obama's Kentucky moment.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 08:59 AM
    I like it! Get him to catch the errant passes and maybe Dixon learns to hold onto the deep passes .
    Who knows how far they'll go ? They also need to get deeper at Linebacker ...especially if Pierce becomes collateral damage in the Burress case.Perhaps get line backers who can tackle when Westbrook gets through the D Line.
    I'll be glad to send you a big receiver to take Plaxico's place.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 27, 2009, 09:10 AM

But those folks in western KY are primarily white, bible believing, conservative southerners - they can't be victims, or at least politically correct ones.

But the fact is, they had less warning then Katrina, and most of the folks were prepared for this kind of emergency. My wife's 70-80s yo grandparents have food from the garden stocked up, a wood burning stove, fuel, a generator, and younger relatives for support. Did I mention that a lot went to TN or IL till power came back.

For their basic needs they relied on self first and waited for help for community issues like downed power lines and snapped telephone poles etc...

G&P
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2009, 12:03 PM
    It doesn't matter if Obama cries doom and gloom or not. For some just the mere mention of his name or a glimpse of his face is enough to shatter the gloom and raise an overwhelming sense of ecstasy. Mark Morford of the SF Chronicle, the guy who called Obama a "Lightworker" and an "enlightened being" is still in... or just looney as a toon. You'll just have to read for it yourself.
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 05:24 AM

President Obama now admits the economy isn't really as bad as he said it was when he was trying to bumrush Congress into passing the bucket list stimulus .

"I don't think things are ever as good as they say, or ever as bad as they say. Things two years ago were not as good as we thought because there were a lot of underlying weaknesses in the economy. They're not as bad as we think they are now,"
    Obama: Economic crisis 'not as bad as we think'

But in Feb. he was forecasting economic Armageddon if Congress didn't give him everything he wanted immediately:
    "A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe and guarantee a longer recession, a less robust recovery, and a more uncertain future."
    Obama: Catastrophe coming if Congress doesn't act

Well what is it ? If it is as rosy as he now says then we really don't need to ramp up spending to turn the economy around. Was the stimulus bill passed on a lie ?
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 06:37 AM
    Well what is it ? If it is as rosy as he now says then we really don't need to ramp up spending to turn the economy around. Was the stimulus bill passed on a lie ?
    It was the first rule of the Obama administration, "never allow a crisis to go to waste." Now that he has what he wants the fear mongering can stop... for a while... maybe. Yes it was a lie.
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 08:14 AM
    Here’s another lie, Obama’s budget forecast. His former Commerce nominee Gregg dressed Geithner down over the numbers yesterday:

It was obvious to most Capitol Hill insiders why President Obama wanted Republican Judd Gregg as a member of his cabinet: He's one of the sharpest money-minds in Congress.

But instead of getting Gregg's counsel within the administration, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner found himself today of the receiving end of Gregg's fiscal conservative wrath.

In a hearing before the Senate Budget Committee Gregg dressed down Geithner with facts, figures, and charts. While always keeping his cool, the exchange was somewhere between a mother's scolding, a drill sergeant's questioning and an attorney's cross examination.

In his opening statement, Gregg politely called the administration's budget forecast a lie.

"The argument that it cuts the debt in half in four years is, ahh, is truly spurious," he told Geithner.

President Obama himself gives Gregg's comments a sense of stinging credibility. When the president introduced Gregg as his nominee for Commerce Secretary last month, he said Gregg is known for is fiscal discipline.

"He shares my deep-seated commitment to guaranteeing that our children inherit a future they can afford," Obama said.

Today, the president's compliment of Gregg turned into an attack on Geithner. Gregg said the budget is essentially "putting on our children's backs a debt they can never get out from underneath."

He added pointedly, "I think we're putting at risk not only our children's future, we're clearly putting at risk the value of a dollar and our ability to sell debt."

When Gregg withdrew his nomination, he said he and the administration were "functioning from a different set of views on many critical items of policy."

Gregg's opening monologue today would indicate that was a gross understatement.

"The argument that this budget doesn't have tax increases [on everyone] is, I think, an 'Alice in Wonderland' view of the budget," he said.

He challenged the budget's math on cutting the debt: "When you take the deficit and quadruple it and then you cut it and half, that's like taking four steps back and two steps forward. That's not making any progress; you're still going backwards."

Gregg questioned why any foreign country would continue to buy up U.S. debt: "Because if I'm in the international marketplace, and I'm looking at this budget, I'm saying to myself, ‘Where's the discipline? Where's the containment?' There isn't any."

In his withdrawal statement last month, Gregg said, "I expect there will be many issues and initiatives where I can and will work to assure the success of the president's proposals."

The budget doesn't appear to be one of them.
    Seems everything about Obama is a lie, smoke and mirrors at the least…and the public is recognizing that in spite of the spin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't stop crying [ 4 Answers ]

I can't stop crying, I don't have the energy to do anything, I'm so sad, I'm depressed, I don't know how to deal with it, therapys out of the question don't ask why, I tried peoples advise on meeting new people, it drained my energy, I lost interest, I don't want to live, I barely have the energy...

Economic gloom and doom? [ 36 Answers ]

John Lott, the author of Freedomnomics notes that in 2000, when we were in a recession, a Nexis search on the possibility of a recession from July through September yielded 1388 stories. In March this year the same search found 3,166 stories. Why do I bring this up? The main stream media...

Will not stop crying [ 21 Answers ]

My 2 yr old is the love of my life but latley he doesn't seem the same to me. We moved out of my moms house into a beautiful apartment and he has his own room but he has been throwing huge fits over everything. I can't talk to him when he's screaming because he can't hear me and probley doesn't...

She Won't Stop Crying/Complaining! [ 8 Answers ]

AHHHHHH!! IM GOING NUTS!! I've been with a girl for 2+ years now. I proposed to her, we're engaged for about what... 1-2 weeks? I proposed when we moved in together. Anyway, everyday has been the same thing. She cries or complains about something (the house looks bad, the bathroom is too...

Why can't I stop crying for this jerk [ 2 Answers ]

2nd cheater in 2 years -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I seem to attract cheaters or look likea doormant. My first one was a Minister and went back to his wife along with me and another woman. I found him out and was enraged, left him and got...

View more questions Search