Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tarannum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 06:33 AM
    Can a Bangalore muslim girl marry a kerala muslim guy?
    Assalamualaikum...
    I am a muslim girl from bangalore and am in love with a kerala muslim guy,we both like each other and want to get married.my parents have no objections,his side all are agreeing including his mother and relatives except his father.his mother and rest all can't take a decision until his father agrees as he is the head of the family.
    He says it is not possible to get married with a bangalorian because of different culture,language,state.
    We both love each other very much whole heartedly,and don't want to marry any other person.
    My boyfriend is trying to convince a lot to his dad,but he is not agreeing.
    Even I am ready to learn their language,culture and ready to stay with them.
    But his father is not even agreeing for this.
    My parents are ready to tie a knot with him.
    can u please suggest me what can be done to make him agree..
    They and we are both religious.
    Waiting for your reply.. help and pray for us.
    Salam...
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 10:06 AM
    Assalaam alaikum,

Islamically there is no reason why you two cannot marry.

But,knowing Indian culture well,I would advise the two of you to wait until both families approve of this marriage.

Wa alaikum salaam
    holyangel17 Posts: 34, Reputation: 0

Sep 29, 2009, 02:47 PM

Well!! He did not date you or fell in love with you by asking his father's permission right? His father sounds like a bigot big time! Some Indians are ridicolously strict, it's unbelievable. For God' sake, you are Indian and Muslim and so is he. That's all it matters right? At least I thought so... Well, he needs to stand up and be a man and make a decision. If he keeps on trying to make his dad happy, yall's marriage might not happen. If he does not give you a decision with a certain time, you should leave him... If he loves you, he will marry you and it does not mean he is dis-respecting his father either! He went to his father and asked his pemission and blessing but his father does not bulge. His father is stubborn but after marriage and with kids, I know any parents will melt their heart especially after seeing innocent, grandchildren. I hope this helps??
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Jan 22, 2011, 01:20 AM
    In the third part of the night, wake up and pray to Allaah tahajjud, and cry to Him in sujuud, and beg Him. He is deciding everything, and when He decides, then his father will immediately accept. And in the daytime you can make saum for Allaah. And ask him to pray in the mosque, and the du`a between athan and iqamah is not rejacted. Don`t worry.
    Wa `aleikumus-Salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.
    semsel Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2011, 02:12 AM
    What happened?? Did you guys got married? Its been 2.5 yrs..!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Wiccan man marry a Muslim woman [ 9 Answers ]

I am a former christian and 8 years ago converted to the religion of Wicca. For the past few months I've been dating this muslim woman and I feel as though it may be getting serious. If our relationship does persist and grow into love and I decide to marry her, would that be OK coming from her...

Can a black non-muslim man marry a muslim woman? [ 18 Answers ]

For the past few months I've been dating a muslim girl. I think I'm starting to fall in love with her and would love nothing more than to marry this girl. However, I am African American and she is from Jordan. She has told me that her family would most likely not approve, as they want her to...

Muslim girl... [ 8 Answers ]

Dear Expert, I am 22 years old girl.I have a lot of problems in my life,that simply made me a very depressed person who doesn't believe in anything even in myself.The reason beyond this depression is my parents.I won't say they are the worse,but all I can say that I was never happy in my life,and...

Is love with non muslim girl prohibited in islam? [ 12 Answers ]

Assalaamu alaikum, I have very serious problem in my life,I fell in love with a hindu girl one year ago.She is studying in my college.. I am currently doing my final year B.E. and she also same but not my own class. I saw her during one group activity and very attracted...

Christian girl marriage to married muslim guy [ 29 Answers ]

Hi There... I need help... I need suggestions... I need advice... I need prayers I'm a christian girl in a relationship with a muslim guy who is already married with a kid. Due to problems in his first marriage, he has been forced to go for a second marriage by his family since many years and he...

View more questions Search