Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clickn67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2006, 06:41 PM
    Change your cycle naturally?
    Hello, I just realized that my period will begin right before my vacation in October.. I started a few days early this month (day 5 today, just ending it) so it's better then if I went 28 days.. but nonetheless, I prefer to start it on October 1st to be done with it by the 8th before my weeks vac starting the 11th.. I had a fibroid which I went on depo last fall for one 3 month shot.. went off due to weight gain, (25lbs) lost 10, still fighting the remainder.. I have natural progeterone I kept on hand if my heavy bleeding came back to use instead of the shot or pills.. I don't want to take the pills for any real length of time, could I take something for 2 weeks to "reset" my cycle for next month and hope it sticks for the following cycle right before my trip? Basically I would like to have my period again in about 2 weeks to reset it and hope it then follows the 28 day and start again then around the 1st of October... or can I control it with the natural progesterone cream. I'm also going to call my dr tomorrow morning to see what she recommends.. would need script anyway if I can do something.

Thanks

Clickn67
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 21, 2006, 06:01 AM
    Boy, don't I wish we all could control our hormones to get our periods if and whenever we want. When I married my second husband I had it on our honeymoon!! Good thing he understands women.

If you can do something, yes you would need a scrip, so call your doctor. I am just not sure that anything can be done other than maybe another depo shot right before the vacation.
    Wibblee Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2006, 04:17 PM
    Ummm... I'm no pro here by any means, but I would definitely NOT get another depo shot. If you thought losing the weight from the first one was bad, try doubling it. I have a very strong medical background and I was also on depo for quite a while. I would say either deal with the period as is, or try manipulating the pills---they'll evacuate your system much more quick.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 22, 2006, 04:57 PM
    I am by no means advocating another Depo shot, but manipulating your pills?

I would deal with the period on vacation. Sorry to say, but it is the healthiest way to take care of your body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog heat cycle? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a dog and I think he is on his heat cycle and I would like to know if this is the reason that he is losing weight like crazy because I don't have a female dog just a male and some of my friends say its because of the heat cycle and they recommended me to use nutri-cal for this situation do...

No heat cycle [ 2 Answers ]

Boiler will go to set temp //shut off then not cycle back on when temp drops below setting.. if I turn the thermstat off then back on it will heat to set temp but not come back on.. pump doesn't seem to shut off even at 5-6 degrees below set temp.theromstat is a RobertShaw on a wellsMclain...

Menustral Cycle [ 3 Answers ]

Is it normal to get your period about a week or less before it's due?

Central ac fan cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed a new honeywell thermostat because the old one wasn't measuring the temp correctly or consistently. The new thermostat is doing a wonderful job of maintaining a consistent indoor temp but whenever the cooling cycle begins the ac unit starts up then there is a few second delay...

Naturally faster? [ 4 Answers ]

Why do African American dominate the sprinting distances so thoroughly. Better still, why is it wrong to acknowledge that this dominance is based on being naturally faster?

View more questions Search