Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pony boy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 10:08 PM
    Rate increase 30% for 1 bedroom after 1 year?confused
    Dear sirs,
    I live in orange county, ca... I have been at my residence for 6 months.. what is the appropriate rent increase... my landlord wants to raise our rent $330.. or 30%... we called him and he said the rate won't change until the for one year anniversary... for a bedroom!. can this be possible?. pony boy
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Feb 27, 2009, 10:39 AM
    It's called supply and demand. With foreclosures on the rise, many former homeowners will be looking to rent. Your landlord is apparently taking advantage of the market conditions which increase the demand for his rental property.

I don't know California law, but I doubt that there is any thing to prevent him from raising the rent that much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rate increase letter [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is Joanne and I was looking over your information on how to write a letter of rate increase. I this is not asking too much I needed assistance in writing a letter for my husbands house cleaning service. They have not raised there rates in 5 years. This is what I wrote so far. I...

Geometric mean rate of increase [ 1 Answers ]

A recent article suggested that if you earn 25,000 a year today and the inflation rate continues at 3 percent per year, you'll need to make 33,598 in 10 years to have the ame buying power. You will need to make 44,771 if the inflation rate jumped to 6 percent. Confirm that these statements are...

Rate increase [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I own a trash business and I need to write a rate increase letter please help

Will increase in pump intake pipe size, increase flow rate? [ 1 Answers ]

At my cabin I use a 12 volt Flojet pump to pump water from the lake to the cabin. I am using 1/2 inch plastic pipe for the intake and outlet on the pump. Would I see an increase in water flow if I increase the size of the pipe going from the lake to the pump to 3/4 plastic

View more questions Search