Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miss Helpful Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 05:04 PM
    Where can I show off my Talent?
    I personally think that I have a great voice. I'm 12 years old and live in Texas. I like listening to and singing jazz music, country music, show tunes, and some pop music. Where is a contest or show that I can do that will allow a twelve year old to sing and show what she's got? :confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 01:57 AM

Hi, Miss Helpful!

There are nursing and retirement homes where you might want to consider performing. Then, there's also churches, if you're into church music of any kind. All you would have to do is to have your parents contact people at any of those types of places to see if they would let you perform.

Around where I live, we have what's called Junior Theatre. It's for people under the age of 18 to have opportunities to act and sing in musical theatre productions with other children. Perhaps there is that sort of organization around where you live?

If you have a music class or not at school, you might want to suggest to a music teacher or your regular classroom teacher, if there could be a "talent" or "performance" day every now and then where any of the students could get a chance to show what they can do in the performing arts.

Frequently at county fairs, there will be contests where people of varying ages can perform in front of large groups of people and be judged as to the quality of their performance.

Do you play a musical instrument other than singing, please?

Thanks!

Feb 25, 2009, 06:05 AM

Thank you for your advise! I am probably going to get a voice lessons teacher. And no, I do not play a musical instument. But my two friends play the saxophone and flute. Thank you again!
    -Miss Helpful
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 03:46 PM

You're welcome, Miss Helpful!

The reason that I asked if you played a musical instrument, is because playing one and being able to read music can help you with your singing. If you want to be a singer, it's a good idea to be able to play at least a little bit on the piano.

Do you have any interest in playing the piano, please?

Thanks!

Feb 25, 2009, 04:12 PM

Yes I have actually thought about it.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 04:18 PM

Would you like to get some help right on this site with learning how to play the piano? It would be free!

Thanks!

Feb 25, 2009, 04:21 PM

Sure. How?
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 04:25 PM

My suggestion would be to combine learning how to play the piano with a song that you could sing while you play. Have you ever written poetry or the lyrics to a song?

Thanks!

Feb 25, 2009, 04:28 PM

Kind of. They have all been school projects but I thought they were pretty creative.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 04:32 PM
    That's good! Then I know that this is something that we can do!

Here is the link to the virtual keyboard that we can use.

VIRTUAL KEYBOARD - PIANO

Please check it out and let me know what you think. Okay?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 04:57 PM

Cool!

I'm sorry that it took me so long to return. I was looking for a thread in Music that was really in the Writing forum topic area.

If you really want to do this, I would like for you to post something about writing the lyrics to a song and also wanting to be able to have music set to the lyrics and to be able to play the music that is written. I'm sure that you can come up with a short title for the question.

Please post it in the Writing forum topic area. That is one of the areas that I moderate, and if something goes "oops!" Then I can fix it.

I'm sure that you can come up with a short title for the question. Just please post it for writing something with words so that it is appropriate for the Writing forum topic area.

Please study what you will find via clicking on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/writin...ng-267729.html

This isn't something that you have to do right this instant. But, please think about what you write. We can go very slowly and simply at first so that you'll be able to play everything that is composed.

Here's a possible idea for a title to the thread. It can be changed. Or, you can use whatever you like. It's something that we can develop and evolve very slowly...

Writing the lyrics to a song that will be set to music.

Just some thoughts for you...

This is Ash Wednesday, and I need to leave to go to church. Just about every night I'm usually on here later in the evening. Maybe "see" you later, but not so late as to keep you up too late.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2009, 12:08 AM

Hi again, Miss Helpful!

I hope that you study what happened on the thread to which I gave you the link. Something neat was going on there and Sam was starting to feel better about herself! Your thread about writing and playing would be all about you and be much different than hers because you are different people and your situations as well as needs are totally different.

Here's a link to where the actual, written music started to happen on that thread.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/writin...267729-12.html

Your written music will happen sooner on your thread, than it did on hers.

When you're ready to post something in the Writing forum topic area, please let me know on this thread before you do it, so that we can make sure that every thing's going to be set up just right.

I'll look forward to working with you at some point in the near future, if that's something that you want to do!

Thanks!

Feb 27, 2009, 03:25 PM

Okay Clough. I made a new thread called, "Writing a song". Hope this will work!
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2009, 04:26 PM

Hi, Miss Helpful!

I only have a few minutes because I'm working at a customer's home right now and was just checking my email and seeing what's happening on this site right now.

Remember that I asked you to start the new thread in the Writing forum topic area? I see your new thread, and it's good! However, it's in Entertaining. I don't moderate Entertaining. Would you see if you can delete your new thread and start it again in the Writing forum topic area?

Because your thread is most likely going to end up being lengthy, it's important that I be able to fix things if something goes wrong. Okay?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 12:07 AM

I know that you haven't been on for a number of days, and it's now too late for you or I to change your thread about writing a song. So, that's what will need to work with for now. I'm going to post something on your thread concerning that.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a talent agent. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in high school and am interested in becoming a talent agent. I was wondering what majors I should look into for this career and what can I do now to get a head start or help me get a better picture of the career? Thanks, Phi

Talent show [ 3 Answers ]

My school is having a talent show in a month and I'm kind of shy but I'd like to do something in it, any ideas?

Ok music buffs, show me your talent! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I've been trying to find 2 song titles. Both songs are by a female artist. The first song sounds a lot like the old I Dream of Jeannie theme song. The other is featured on a movie preview for Ultraviolet. The preview I'm referring to is on the Underworld:Evolution dvd. Any tips would...

Do I have ANY Talent? [ 11 Answers ]

I recently wrote a "poem" for a high school english class. It didn't rhyme, and it took me less than a day to write it. The day my teacher handed them back, she persisted that I had copied the whole thing off the internet. I got very angry with her and talked with her after class and finally...

View more questions Search