Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iSmartMan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 03:04 PM
    Is there any way to grow taller? Im short
    Is there a way besides pills that can make you taller?:confused:Im only like 5 feet 6 inches and all my other friends are like 6 feet tall!! Im not fat or out of shape or anything I'm just plain short.:(Does Milk help?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 03:13 PM

How old are you?
    iSmartMan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 03:54 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 11:43 PM
    You probably still have a little growing time. I wouldn't worry about it.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 07:20 PM

Just eat properly and skip the junk food. There really is nothing to make you grow taller. Are your mom and dad tall? If they are, then possibly you could undergo a growing spurt at maybe age 16 or 17. You really won't reach your full adult height until you are at least in your early 20's. Don't despair. You'll be just fine. Adding an abundance of milk is not the answer. The answer is really your gene pool that you were born with.
    ijustlovenewbs3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Read an article about height and how you can do little things to improve it - New and improved system to Grow Taller and Height Increase - Growth-FlexV Pro ™ System
    real soldier Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Jun 14, 2009, 10:15 AM
    AND , don't slouch, keep your head up when walking and shoulders slightly back and chest slightly out, this will not just make you an inche taller but better posture is good for future life , it will prevent back ache and mucsle straining.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by real soldier View Post
    right listen i used to have the same problem but i grown six inches from doing several things, half an hour of stretching the important muscles in the morning, believe me it works, do the cat strethch for 5 mins, bend down and touch ur toes for 5 mins, and do the splits for 5 mins, and follow on with other strethes that you know, and do the same at night, and during the day have ur daily allowince of calcium, and also u will need to increse testosterone to grow taller so dont masterbate more then 4 times a week or more then once a day, have fatty acids and iron, and eat this african thing called foo foo food, it wont make u grow taller but the foo foo will supply you with the nutruents you need for your bones to get longer during stretching, stretching doesent make u taller just by stretchin the muscle and bones to grow , but it does it by relieving stress from ur joints aswell, so make sure you have warm baths, and ill tell you now, do hill sprints, go jogging atleast 3 times a week, and after doing alll these things u NEED TO MAKE SURE you get NO LESS THEN 8 HOURS SLEEP A DAY, 8 hours sleep is MINIMUM, 10/11 hours sleep is MAXIMUM, make sure u walk around with better posture and u will look taller, and pull ups help increse in height so much, wear thick shoes/trainers, wear slightly tighter clothes and dont go crazy with different colours, you can either wear one colour or the darker colours you wear at the lower body and the lighter colours and the top, thats phycoligy so to other people you will look taller.
    Real soldier, please post a scientific reference proving what you say.

As others have already posted, there is no way to increase growth by eating certain foods or vitamins. Better posture gives the appearance of being taller but physically offers no change. Eating a balanced diet and having a regular exercise regime are essential to being healthy but doesn't necessarily cause a person to grow. What you experienced seems to have just been a natural growth spurt.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2009, 10:47 AM

There are many pills out there that claim to help you grow, however the side effects are not worth it;
    -loss of bone density
    -osteoporosis
    -liver disease
    -death!

Your height also plays along with your genetics; how tall are you parents, or even grandparents? If they are around 6 feet you may reach that height, if they are all around 5 feet then I wouldn't be expecting a 10 inch growth.

There are many things that you CAN do to help your body grow and become leaner.

•Eating a good portion of fruits and vegetables daily
    •Eliminating caffeine; this means soda, coffee, energy drinks, even chocolate [okay you have chocolate once in a while]
    •Reducing your junk food; replace your snickers with a handful of strawberries. Replace that pizza with a Greek salad.
    •Exercise; daily exercise would really help with growing healthy. I would also suggest things like; pilates and yoga in which promote long and lean muscles which will make you appear taller
    •Stretching
    •Getting a good nights sleep: don't expect your body to grow if your going to bed at 1 A.M.
    •Drink water: you don't have to drink 15 cups of water a day. You can actually get water poisoning, too much water CAN be bad. Keep it at 5-8 cups.

Not only will this help you build a good foundation for some growth but you will become healthier. Eating better would also result in having better skin, so you can say goodbye to ugly acne. You would also become vibrant, focused and full of energy; it may even help you get better grades in school since you are not only eating healthier but getting a good amount of sleep.

Good luck, I hope you follow through.

Sarah
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2009, 12:05 PM

This is what you do:

Get two buckets and fill about half way them with plant fertilizer.

Stand bare foot with one foot in each bucket for one hour a day.

You will grow at least an inch in the next 5 years if you do this every day!!

Or you could skip the buckets and just go about as normal... you will still grow taller.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2009, 01:23 PM

I glad nobody told the OP to suck on lemons and put mayo on their legs like they suggest to someone else who asked "how to get taller".

Real soldier is just lying and he won't provide the links NM because he's making up stuff but the chesse (info given on antother thread) tops the cake. I got to find that chesse!
    COURTfacebaby Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 12:49 AM

There is an operation,
    That stretches your body, they put metal bones or something into your legs, so they grow.
    But since your 15, you should give your body more time to grow.
    Yous still have quite a bit.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by COURTfacebaby View Post
    there is an operation,
    that stretches your body, they put metal bones or something into ur legs, so they grow.
    But since ur 15, you should give your body more time to grow.
    Yous still have quite a bit.
    I know what your talking about... Limb Lengthening.

It costs about $120, 000 and it's not covered by insurance!

Your bones actually get broken in 4 different places; "Orthopedic surgeons use several different methods to lengthen legs but the most common involves breaking the bones and attaching a steel frame to the outside of the limbs. The patient is taught to turn the screws on the frame, essentially pulling their own leg bones apart about one millimeter a day. Every day for months you rotate screws attached to the pins in your legs. There are many moments of excruciating pain and the constant worry of infection. After that there is a grueling regimen of physical therapy."

- The Medical Quack

I remember on the news, there was this lady who had extensions added to her legs. She had to relearn how to walk and the pain was excruciating. There is also a chance where you cannot walk again, I'm sure it was 50/50. I really don't think a few inches is worth this amount of risk, eck, let alone the pain...

Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

18yo grow taller [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 17 close to 18, do you think I am able to grow taller. I'm 6ft have been since 16 and with a size 12 foot. Could I reach 6-2 or 6-3?

Will I grow taller? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay so I'm 13 years old. My mom is 4 11" and my dad is 5 9". Im only 4 10 and a half. I know. Pathetic. And the worst part is, I really don't think I'm growing anymore. I already got 2 growth spirts and my last one was either last year or in 5th grade. I really don't think I'm going to grow...

How can I grow taller? [ 6 Answers ]

OK I'm 16 and I'm 5 ft I've heard that strecthing and calcium can help you grow taller short women kind of run in my family my sister had a growth spurt at 16 so that gives me a little hope I've even asked God to help me grow I know it's a little childish but being short bothers me a lot so please...

Any ideas or exercises to grow taller [ 34 Answers ]

I'm 5.3 I want to be at least 5.6 or 5.5 does anyone know any special exercises or foods used to reach that to grow tall. Please help thanks any advice would be useful also just a quick question about growing does alcohol make your growing stop.

Short guy/ taller girl [ 12 Answers ]

I recently got back in touch (via MySpace) with an old classmate; when her and I were in school, I was totally in love with her, but I was too shy to pursue it, and I've always kicked myself for not having took the chance with her. We seem to be getting along fine through our messages online; I've...

View more questions Search