Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john silence Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2006, 01:42 PM
    Wiring ceiling fan with remote
    There is a black, white, and red wire coming out of ceiling

There is a black and white wire on one side of remote - black, white, and blue wires on the other side of the remote

A green fan wire is connected to a bare ground wire from the ceiling

Everything is connected per the instructions.

Which group of wires do I connect the red wire?

Nothing seems to be working except the light - but not with the remote - only the wall switch.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2006, 04:41 PM
    The black-white-blue side of the remote connects to the black-white-blue of the fan. The white from the other side of the remote connects to the white from the ceiling. The black from the other side of the remote connects to the black OR the red from the ceiling. All grounds connect together.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 5 Answers ]

I have two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans in my office that works off the remote the problem is the remote will work one fan just fine but it doesn't work the other fan at all please help

Ceiling fan remote control wiring help? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi We just bought an Aloha Breeze remote control fan. We put it up as directed as we have put up several fans in the past. This is our first try at one with a remote. The fan came with a hand held remote and the receiver. The wiring diagram that came with it is hard to see and there are no precise...

Problem with ceiling fan or the remote? [ 15 Answers ]

I have read everything I can find regarding problems with ceiling fans but haven't found an answer to my question. My ceiling fan which I bought 1 1/2 years ago quit working entirely. Unfortunately, I can't find the manual (or the receipt). How do I know whether it's a problem with the remote or...

Adding remote to ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a hampton Bay ceiling fan. If I install a remote control unit to unit, will it work the way it should or does that unit have to be factory installed? :confused: Patou

Ceiling fan does not work w/ remote [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a variable speed fan(reversible motor) w/ remote, which also has 2 light fixtures. The receiver has two inputs, a black(hot) and a white(neutral), and 4 outputs. One neutral, one black(for the fan), one each for the 2 light fixtures. The problem is when I connect the fan...

View more questions Search