Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1099669 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 24, 2009, 10:03 AM
    What happened to the dollar?
    Mike, Tim and Joe are traveling together. They stop and get a hotel room for the night. The room is $30 so they each put in $10. The Manager realizes he over-charges them, the room is actually $25, so he sends an employee to the room with $5 for the men. The employee keeps $2 as a tip and gives the men $1 each. If the men paid $10 each originally, and were given $1 back, this means they paid $9 each. $9 times three men equals $27. The employee kept $2 as a tip. This equals $29. Where is the other dollar?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 10:20 AM

No, they should have paid $25/3. for the night.
    Jentau Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Mar 25, 2009, 04:18 PM

This is the same thing as that "grandpa's riddle" post
    Raina28 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Your looking at it the wrong way. They paid $27 total, and the 2 dollars that was kept is part of what they paid included in the $27 - and the other $3 is what they got back.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 06:00 PM

Ack my head hurts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could it have happened? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I've recently started taking YAZ, a birth control pill, and here lately I've noticed an outrageous increase in vaginal discharge. Not to be gross but when I wipe it just kind of drips a bunch of mucus and its really stretchy. I've only missed one dose and had intercourse during that time. Plus...

Has this happened to anyone? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a 24 yr old female and I had unprotected sex on Wednesday 4th 2007 and I was becoming fertile on Friday 6th 2007 and was ovulating on 9th April 2007. Has this happened to anyone else and had gotten pregnant on a unfertile day? My cycle is thirty five days. I have been off the pill for nine...

What Has happened to my dog [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new here, I have two puppies and one of them which is about 9 months old use to be eating so fast that it probably takes him about half a minute to finish his food but lately he's been eating really slow, about 1 and a half minute? I'm not sure what's wrong with him but I'm really worried....

View more questions Search