Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2009, 04:37 AM
    When you were born.
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.
    Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.
    Please discuss.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 04:40 AM
    I agree.
    I'm smiling because I had a great life, they are crying because they will miss me due to having been a good person.
    greatodie Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 26, 2009, 07:58 PM

When we are born its not in a real senses that we are born, somebody decided and conceived us , to be born in a real sense is the moment when we are aware of our surroundings and realize our responsibilities towards bring in a little change !

Even a small smile to someone in distress or cherish for our natural gifts we become debt towards our surroundings!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2009, 09:31 PM
    Interesting quote that you found on the Internet, ROLCAM!

I live my life in such a way that others will miss me because of the good ways that I've treated them. Nothing profound there. Just something simple...

So, what do you think about the thoughts of another that you've used, ROLCAM? It would help if you would actually be part of the discussion.

Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2009, 09:34 PM

I don't want anyone to cry when I'm gone. I want them to smile and remember me with joy, and then celebrate my life!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2009, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I don't want anyone to cry when I'm gone. I want them to smile and remember me with joy, and then celebrate my life!
    I really like your thoughts there, Wondergirl! All very much a healthy way of looking at things!

Thanks!
    tonyrey Posts: 102, Reputation: 10

Mar 28, 2009, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLCAM View Post
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.
    Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.
    Please discuss.
    I prefer to live so that when I die everyone I will be celebrating the gift of life. That doesn't mean we'll all be smiling. Even though death is not the end of our existence we still have to face the grief and hardship of separation - especially when we are left alone. Many people die soon after their partner if they have lived together for a long time. They cannot wait to be reunited :)

But death is the natural end of life. It would be hell on earth if we were doomed to live here for all eternity with no hope of liberation from evil, injustice and "the heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to". As Hamlet says, death "is a consummation devoutly to be wish'd." It is ignorance, "the dread of something after death" - or the dread of total extinction - that makes people cling to life.

If we believe in goodness, justice and love we have nothing to fear and everything to hope for. Life is not a cruel joke played by chance, like Macbeth's "tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".It is a unique opportunity to enjoy the richness of existence and to shape our own destiny. There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our philosophies!
    a_b_c_d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 08:03 AM

In which city Dr Homi Bhaba born
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 1, 2010, 06:13 AM

Hi Rolcam
    Here is the rest of the text that goes with your line in first post.

Its Title is

"Maybe"

Maybe it is true that we don't know what we have got until we lose it, but it is also true that we don't know what we have been missing until it arrives. Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they will love you back, but going down on them is. Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart; but if it does not, be content it grew in yours.

Maybe God wanted us to meet the wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will be grateful to have known that they actually did exist after all, before we become the wrong person for them.

Maybe when the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us and because we are in a hurry, we end up taking the elevator instead.

Maybe the best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, sniff glue with, and never say a word, and then later, stumble away saying things like, "I'm a hamster coo coo ca choo", and you both feel like it was one of the best conversations you've ever had. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone who made you bark like a sex poodle and you enjoyed it!

Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you squeal because it takes only a good squeal to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart squeal like a pig in heat.

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and love them in ways that would get you a shot on "Wild Kingdom". Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you can be anything you want when you are behind closed doors.

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough wicked weed for your big bong! Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, probably hurts the other person too and is a smart shopping tip on what cruel shoes you should avoid shopping for in the future.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the loudest, happy high pitched annoying sounds around everyone that comes along their way. Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have tried, for only they can truly appreciate the late night food that is fried.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you are the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

Author Unknown.
    -

Aug 1, 2010, 06:25 AM

I like the following line of text.

Dont Cry because Im not here, Smile because I was.
    -

Aug 2, 2010, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by positiveparent View Post
    Hi Rolcam
    Here is the rest of the text that goes with your line in first post.

Its Title is

"Maybe"

Maybe it is true that we don't know what we have got until we lose it, but it is also true that we don't know what we have been missing until it arrives. Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they will love you back, but going down on them is. Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart; but if it does not, be content it grew in yours.

Maybe God wanted us to meet the wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will be grateful to have known that they actually did exist after all, before we become the wrong person for them.

Maybe when the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us and because we are in a hurry, we end up taking the elevator instead.

Maybe the best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, sniff glue with, and never say a word, and then later, stumble away saying things like, "I'm a hamster coo coo ca choo", and you both feel like it was one of the best conversations you've ever had. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone who made you bark like a sex poodle and you enjoyed it!

Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you squeal because it takes only a good squeal to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart squeal like a pig in heat.

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and love them in ways that would get you a shot on "Wild Kingdom". Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you can be anything you want when you are behind closed doors.

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough wicked weed for your big bong! Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, probably hurts the other person too and is a smart shopping tip on what cruel shoes you should avoid shopping for in the future.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the loudest, happy high pitched annoying sounds around everyone that comes along their way. Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have tried, for only they can truly appreciate the late night food that is fried.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you are the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

Author Unknown.
    I do know the Author but he wants to remain anonymous but you are free to use the above.
    elgigante Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2011, 12:02 AM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    Do you know who is the author of this quote

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To those born before the 80s [ 92 Answers ]

I get 30 of these a day and in the 3 years I've been on this site I bet I've passed along no more than a half dozen... This one is definitely worth a read/reminiscence in my humble and possibly worthless opinion... *********************************************************** We survived...

Born again [ 7 Answers ]

What can you do, if you have a Spiritual Leader in the Church (Female) that is very sensitive and has feelings that often get hurt. They are contrarily also quite domineering and authoritative during sessions of fellowship and in general and can make you feel slightly intimidated in their...

Can I claim my new born child that was born on January 2008 [ 3 Answers ]

Can I claim my new born child born in January 2008 on my 2007 taxes?

Why are we born ? [ 63 Answers ]

What is the purpose of our life ? To enjoy ? To suffer ?

View more questions Search