Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peter O Okaje Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 02:23 AM
    Honey production
    What is the best type of beehive for tropical beekeepers(bearing in mind price, convenience of use and ease of colonisation)?
    ohb0b Posts: 215, Reputation: 14

May 3, 2009, 11:28 PM
    There are basically two kinds of beehives, the Dadant hive, and the top bar hive.

The Dadant hive is more efficient. You re-use the frames and comb, so the bees don't have to expend as much energy rebuilding comb. The Dadant hive also allows you to extract honey in a commercial centrifuge.

The Top Bar hive is used mainly in developing countries, due to cost and ease of manufacture. You must destroy the comb when you extract the honey.

You also need to check with your local agricultural agent. Most places in the US, it is illegal to keep bees in anything other than a Dadant hive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honey and diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

I am worried about getting diabetes. I was wondering whether eating too much sugar will cause diabetes? Is honey a better replacement for tea? Will having honey in tea cause diabetes?

Honey Programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat, however the AC unit outside will not come on. The thermostat has a color coded wiring scheme. RH, RC, W, Y, G. I have the RH & RC jumpered. RH/RC has a red wire, w=white, y=blue, g=green. I initially had the y=yellow, but the outside unit...

Honey for healing [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that honey can help you heal faster? I heard it from someone and I am wondering if there is any validity in this method of healing faster? If so are there certain types of honey that help more?:confused:

View more questions Search