Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2006, 07:47 AM
    Fused test Cord
    I'm trying to make a fused test cord. How do I wire this? I have a switch with a post marked "hot lead" and a post with a wire going to the fuse. On the fused side is another post.How do I connect my incoming cord and the outgoing cord? I wired it the way it makes sense to me but popping breaker.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2006, 02:39 AM
    How is the neutral wired?
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2006, 12:09 PM
    I've tried through the switch and power through the switch with neutral together with power in and out through the switch
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2006, 12:12 PM
    Not sure exactly what your doing, but the neutral needs to go through directly to the load, and not come in contact with any hot wire. The black wire comes from a power source , through the switch, and onto the load.

Hope this helps, if not get back with more detail.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2006, 04:40 PM
    OK Start from scratch. The switch ha 2 terminals One with nothing on it the other a lead to the fuse. On the other side of the fuse is a terminal. Does the hot wire in go to the open terminal and then the outgoin hot wire go to the terminal on the fuse and the 2 neutral wires go together with a wire nut? Sorry , but I think I'm confusing myself also. At the end of the outgoing wires I have aligator clips to test motors etc. Thanks
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2006, 04:44 PM
    Yes the way you describe sounds fine to connect the leads. Just be sure the white and black are not touching. If it still trips, perhaps there is a short in the wires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn Mower Replacement cord [ 3 Answers ]

How can I attach a replacement pull cord on a Murray push mower?

Searching for large trimmer cord [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find large diameter (.170+) mower trimmer cord at a good price?

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Homelite Trimmer Cord [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how to remove the metal cylinder (where rod goes) so I can remove orange housing - and reach cord to replace. On top of cylinder is a piece that looks like it might have star screw down inside of it. Any help would be appreciated. Cyn

Broken lawn mower cord [ 4 Answers ]

I own a murray lawnmower with a briggs and stratton motor. The problem is my dogs chewed through the cord on it so I have to take apart the engine to fix it. Will I have to drain the fluids and how would I do that. I tried to get maintenance tips forn their website but there is nothing about...

View more questions Search