Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephmed25 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 10:11 PM
    Smashed windows,slashed tires
    Check this out me and my boyfriend have been going to court with 2 guys that smashed my car windows and sliced my tires just because they got evicted from there apartment above us... its a long story but to make it short my boyfriend was the one that filed the complaint and we have been to court twice already... today we went to settle everything and the prosecutor dismissed the case because I'm the owner of the car and not my boyfriend... We are so mad because they never told me that I had to file the complaint, the other 2 times we were in court... and now we have to start from the beginning... when I got home and looked through my file I found the police report that clearly states that my boyfriend is the primary user and I'm the registered owner.. I didn't think it matter because the 2 guys had the grudge on my boyfriend not me so that's why he filed.. there's estimated cost of 1500 dollars worth of damage should I get a lawyer... we are pissed of to go through the whole waiting game it sucks... advice please..
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 05:29 AM

Hello s:

If it was me, I'd be more interested in getting my car fixed instead of seeing those guys punished. Why don't you sue them in small claims court?

Besides, it's not YOU who presses charges against them. It's the prosecuter. If there a new start, HE'S the one who has to start it again - not YOU.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 10:21 AM

Did you actually see these individuals damage your car or did you just assume it was them doing the damage? Sometimes you must witness this damage before the prosecutor takes the case on.

Feb 24, 2009, 01:50 PM
    Yes it wasn't even 11pm me and my boyfriend were watching TV and the car was parked right in front of my house we heard a smash and my boyfriend and his brother ran out my brother in law had grabbed one but got away and sped of in the car... and one of the guys ran inside the apartment right above me... it happened so fast but the damage was incredible the police of course questioned the guy that ran upstairs but he lied and said he was sleeping... only if I could have video taped it.. and a lot of our neighbors came out to.and saw... even my landlord have been having problen with the guys fam that's why they were evicted
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 04:08 PM

I take it you did not have any kind of vandalism insurance your vehicle.

The prosecutor is not doing his job here if that is the case.

Feb 24, 2009, 06:36 PM

Yea it does not seem the procecutor was doing his job... I have pictures and police reports on my file regarding the incident but it did not seem like the presecutor checked that it alreadyt said that I was the registered orwner but my boyfriend is the primary user.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 04:14 PM

Well, you need to get the right person to make the complaint regardless what the police report says.

Also, did you have insurance coverage for this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employee smashed up truck can I get him to pay the deductable? [ 6 Answers ]

Our driver smashed up our truck {transport} $108,000.00 worth of damage. He was found to be 100% responsible, {fell asleep at 11:30 a.m} Can We go after him to at least pay the insurance deductable?

Will these tires fit my rims? [ 2 Answers ]

I've got 235- 80- R16 tires on my truck right now that are in pretty rough shape. I've been offered a set of used, but in better shape, 225-70-R16 tires. Will these fit until I can spring for some new tires of the correct size? Thanks.

New tires [ 1 Answers ]

Hi every body. I have a statesman ridding lawn mower.its about 12 years old. The tires will not keep air. The tires are dry rotted on rims. I don't know how to get tires and rims off frame.it looks to me the wheel needs a wheel puller. I thought taking entire mower to tire place to see if they can...

My Dog Either Broke Or Smashed Hind Leg [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering what I should do for my dog. My heavy sliding gate fell over on one of my dog back legs. When he stands, It kind of hangs from the ankle and foot area. It looks smashed it that one spot, with swelling around it. What can I do to treat him before I get him to the vet. I...

Tires [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Durango with 31x10.5 tires. Would TOYO tires be better than Michelins?

View more questions Search