Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hps Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Feb 23, 2009, 08:37 PM
    "clean out" From clay to PVC ?
    I have a drain clean out on the outside of my house that is PVC, however it has been needing cleaned out on a reg basis once per yr. The tech that was here yesterday stated that the PVC and the clay pipe are not correctly connected, How does one go about doing this the right way? This is where all my problems have been occuring(roots).
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 11:00 PM

Yes, improperly connected sewer consisting of two different materials is often source of drain blockage. We use 4"PVC-to-4"Clay Fernco coupling to connect those two tightened with s.s. bands.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher flashing "clean" light needs to be reset [ 110 Answers ]

We paid a Sears repairman to come out when we had a flashing "Clean" light on our dishwasher, A Kenmore Ultra Wash 665.1603 or 1703, and he gave us the diagnostic code (buttons to push on the operating panel) and we have used it again after that, but I cannot find the order of the buttons to push...

Kenmore Dishwasher "clean" light flashes won't run? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Kemore dishwasher Model #665.17019401, the clean light keeps flashing and it will not run. You press normal wash and start and the start button blinks but will not start. The manual says it may be the heater circuit, but that is not a part name I guess it has to do with the hetare...

"Clean" break after a long trip. [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I'm trying my luck by posting here. :) After reading all of these posts, I just got to wondering what you all out there might make of my situation. My boyfriend and I had been dating for two and a half years. We're both rather young; around 23ish. This was also our first "serious"...

Kenmore Elite dishwasher stuck on "clean" [ 1 Answers ]

Our Kenmore Elite dishwasher is about 2 years old, and it is stuck on "clean." This happened once before and the repairman had told me an easy way to reset it which involved pressing a couple of buttons a couple of times. Unfortunately, I've forgotten what to do!! My warranty is expired. Can...

View more questions Search