Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cheshire2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Parking mishap
    Ok here is the story;
    We live in Nevada but my wife was shopping in California today and while trying to park our 3/4 ton Dodge, she bumped the vehicle behind her (Old junker), got out and saw absolutely no damage to either vehicle. She stayed there and hit a couple shops then left the scene. Got back to our place of business a while ago (decals on side of our truck) and the police called. The guy was a and read her the riot act for not reporting the accident and said there was damage to the other vehicle and said he will turn the case over to the DA. Said she should have called to police even though there was no damage.

? I thought that there was supposed to be at least $750 worth of damage before you were required to report an accident. Our insurance agent said he has never heard of reporting an accident where there was no damage. There is not even a mark on our truck but of course we would never be able to prove that the other vehicle was not damaged.

Has she broken any laws?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 06:00 PM

Maybe, the issue is the other driver will now show dents or scratches and claim your wife did it.
    And I bet she did not take any photos with her cell phone to prove it was not.

Next who saw it and reported it, someone had to have seen your truck to have the phone number to give the police.

But yes she should have at least left name and number on the other vechile.

So now the issue is leaving the scene of a accident ( it is different if both peope are there but when one is not, it needs to be reported)

And for the improper backing (?) perhaps.

But yes she needs to be worried, a charge of leaving the scene could cost her her license, get an attorney in the morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permanent hair dye mishap [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help. I am 35 years old, and I never dyed my hair until this past June. I just wanted to leave my hair its natural color but take away some of the gray. I had very little but felt a bit bothered by it. My stylist knew that I was very apprehensive about the process of dying my hair...

Plumbing/screw removal mishap [ 2 Answers ]

Plumbing Problem - had dripping faucet in bathtub. We were attempting to remove the screw that holds the handle in place, but srew was defective, so we drilled into it, reversed the drill to get the bit out, then used a screw extractor to remove the screw. The screw extractor broke off! (I DO...

Airport mishap [ 10 Answers ]

I was taking an airline when the plane was delayed. After it arrived and we boarded, the stewardesses gave their safety speech, the plane sat along time on the tar mat and then we were that the airplane had mechanical problems and would have to be repaired. Another plane was brought in and...

Mishap in replacing supply valve under sink [ 3 Answers ]

I was replacing the supply valves under my new bathroom sink as the old ones had old fashioned metal connectors that wouldn't work. The old supply valves had a soldered on metal pipe right behind the knob, and I now realize (too late) that that was what I needed to unscrew (probably by cutting off...

Air conditioning mishap [ 2 Answers ]

Please excuse my lack of knowledge about all things mechanical/electrical, but here we go... I was trimming around my rheem a/c unit with my weedeater and accidentally snagged a thin brown wire and gave it a REALLY hard yank. I stopped and gingerly checked to make sure it was still connected...

View more questions Search