Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheri424 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 05:24 PM
    1099 form
    I am in a band. One member received the 1099 form but now wants us to each claim our share. Can I do this without a form? Can I claim expenses that I have spent?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 06:01 PM

Depending on how much it is for, if that member paid you from the money he received then he should have issued you a 1099 for what he paid you from the money he received.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 Form [ 2 Answers ]

It is a 1099 (Rev.9-07) form. I completed and submitted the form 1040 for the tax refund last year. I received the tax refund in a bank account, now I received this form. I don't know many details about tax forms, as I am not an US citizen, nor an US permanent resident. Please, make it clear....

Which 1099 form goes to IRS? [ 3 Answers ]

Normally I have someone fill out my taxes for me but this year I decided to do them myself. I do not understand which copy of my 1099 misc. copy goes to the IRS. My employer gave me a copy 1, for state department, copy 2, for state income tax return, Copy C, for payer and a Copy B, for...

Form 1099-A [ 6 Answers ]

My house was foreclosed on in 2008 and I have received a form 1099-A. Do I owe taxes on the amount in box 4, "fair market value"? If so am I having to claim this as income-tax? 20% of box 4 would be over $30,000, ouch!

1099 income with no 1099 form [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file my taxes with out a 1099 form? How can I get one? Thank you

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

View more questions Search