Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Mar 1, 2009, 03:07 PM
    I meant a couple of days because my son has been sick and I haven't been able to go, yeah that's what it seems like , it is very uncomfortable and just feels clogged, I shouldn't have used the q tip! I have an ear syringe I bought at home along with some drops I forgot the name though, but I don't know if I should squirt some water in there? Would that help? I might just go to this clinic by my house that is open 7 days a week I wonder if they will do it.

Mar 1, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    berrysweet, did you water the hp down first ? Not good to use it full strength in your ears.

Tick

I know your reply was to berrysweet, but I watered mine down lol maybe a little too much!
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 1, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarMar27 View Post
    ... Would that help? I might just go to this clinic by my house that is open 7 days a week i wonder if they will do it.
    It would help you for sure. Just ask someone to help you, have luke warm soapy water in the syringe, keep your ear-to-be-cleaned down above a bowl, and have the water pushed in the ear. Note : do NOT push the syringe too strong. Don't blow your ear drum. All that is required is losen the wax deposit. Wax has a very low dissolving temperature, and will easily flow out with the luke warm water. If that does not happen first time, just repeat the procedure 15 minutes later.

If that also fails, you have to go to that clinic.

Success!

Mar 1, 2009, 07:12 PM

I cannot say how thankful I am for your help! So warm soapy water like liquid soap? I am going to have to try that cause this is driving me craZY! Hehe.

Mar 1, 2009, 07:14 PM
    And then just tilt my head over for a couple minutes, and back over to let it drain right
    -

Mar 1, 2009, 07:46 PM
    and then just tilt my head over for a couple minutes, and back over to let it drain right
    Yes. Just luke warm soapy water. The tilting of the head is more for easy draining of the water, and to prevent water + wax from going everywhere. Most of the water will come out immediately. The remainder will evaporate in minutes, as your ear channel is warm.
    Once more : do NOT apply too high pressure on the water. The wax will come out easily in one or two tries.
    It was a pleasure to help you. :)

Mar 2, 2009, 04:51 PM

OK so just a few drops will do thanks!
    -

Mar 3, 2009, 03:37 AM
    ok so just a few drops will do thanks!
    No, you have too flush your ear channel with the lukewarm soapy water from the ear syringe. But whoever operates the syringe should not press the plunger too hard. Just a steady stream of water should enter the ear. Pressing too hard runs you the risk to break the ear drum. If you are not sure, than better contact a nurse to do that for you.
    Success.

Mar 3, 2009, 04:58 PM

Oh OK, I haven't done it yet, I been so busy running around during the day by the time I settle I have to start getting ready for work cause I work nights, its still driving me crazy but not as bad, but I am going to do the flushing probably tomorrow
    -

Mar 4, 2009, 02:39 AM
    Ok Mar Mar.

Check the water in the bowl for wax remnants, and let me know the outcome later.
    Success !

Mar 4, 2009, 05:03 PM

Heyyy I did the warm water, but I feel no wax come out! maybe I just need to have the clinic do it for me!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 05:13 PM

MarMar, just go and get it done professionally. You will feel so much better after.

Tick

Mar 4, 2009, 06:23 PM
    Yeah I agree on that I am going tomorrow, what does a popped ear drum feel like, it would be a lot of pain right

Mar 4, 2009, 06:42 PM
    It feels like my ear is in my throat , it is just annoying I was having a little pain earlier but it only lasted a few seconds and I felt some fluttering.
    -

Mar 5, 2009, 03:07 AM
    yeah i agree on that i am going tomorrow, what does a popped ear drum feel like, it would be a lot of pain right
    I don't know how that feels. I always made sure not to pop any ear drum :)
    -

Mar 5, 2009, 03:08 AM
    it feels like my ear is in my throat , it is just annoying i was having a little pain earlier but it only lasted a few seconds and i felt some fluttering.
    You mean you went to the nurse and had your ear flushed? Is your hearing restored now?
    pradeep_giridhar Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 03:24 AM

In past even doctors used to give advise to use hyderogen peroxide to clean the ears,but later they found may side-effect of this and now they do not advise for the same. There are many more good quality medicines to solve the purpose. Better to take doctor advise before using any thing for your body.

Mar 8, 2009, 02:58 PM

Hey guys so I went to the clinic my left ear, he said was a little irritated and had a little bit of wax build up in the middle of the ear so they gave me some drops to do four times a day! Thanks for all you guys help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hydrogen peroxide and mrsa [ 11 Answers ]

Does hydrogen peroxide cleanse the blood of mrsa?

Hydrogen Peroxide? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am currently working on a science project. My science teacher says any dangerous acids are not acceptable. My project involves hydrogen peroxide, is it dangerous?

Decomposing hydrogen peroxide [ 1 Answers ]

Heya! I'm doing a project on how the concentration of hydrogen peroxide effects the rate at which it decomposes and I need help!! And tank u! :) :) :)

View more questions Search