Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xCooliox Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 12:44 PM
    Guinea Pig
    My guinea pig is always pooing( seriously) if I want to hold him I have to have a paper towel on my lap. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 01:33 PM

He is probably scared to death (for now) until he gets used to you, He will stop doing that when he gets used to you.
    hatorade Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 02:35 PM
    You should not feed it as much fiber
    arisaunt Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 05:10 PM

My question to you is how long have you had your guinea pig? Also, do you spend time every day holding your pet? The more you hold it, the more comfortable it will be with you and the less it will relieve itself on you. Generally speaking, I can hold mine for anywhere from 15 minutes to half an hour without her going to the bathroom. As for the stool itself, it should be relatively small, fairly hard and not messy at all to clean up (just little pellets). If your guinea pig's stool is runny, take it to the vet. Also, make sure your give your guinea pig timothy hay every day in addition to pellets and either a liquid vitamin C supplement or a quarter of an orange. It is essential to the health of your pet.
    Destinyfive10 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2011, 08:59 AM
    Holding them and letting them get used to you helps, but also giving them timothy hay everyday helps them regulate there digestive system.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 3, 2011, 09:10 AM

Two year old thread. Please check dates before posting.

Thread closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guinea pig death [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm kind of new to this but my little girl had 2 guinea pigs, both female. I went to feed them earlier and discovered one of them had died. Is there anything I need to do for the other guinea as I know she'll be lonely without her pal?

Guinea pig playtime [ 1 Answers ]

Hi again, This is similar to my other hamster question but its about my guineas. I want to play with my guineas as well but they are really nervous little things and the slightest noise will make them go wild running all over the show. Also last time I let them out one ran up my pants leg because...

Odd Guinea Pig Behavior [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old cavy that started standing up in his cage, biting the bars(as if he wanted out) and doing back flip type jumps (not popcorning) like he really wanted out of the cage now. He was fine before he came out of his cage for "lap Time" but after putting him back in 2 hours later, he...

Guinea pigs [ 2 Answers ]

I have two guinea pigs and I buy food from walmart it has all seds in it cat fod stuf any thing they can choke on asol my guinea pigs chocked on it a liter what should I do

Guinea Pig mites? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right area to post a question like this. I have 4 guinea pigs and the oldest one has mites. So I looked on the internet and ivermectin at my local country store is only 8 dollars and it comes in a paste form in a tube. If I went to the vet that takes care of exotic pets...

View more questions Search