Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhiannahunt Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2009, 12:25 PM
    Aloe Vera
    My friend wants a start from my aloe vera plant! Any one know how?
    hulk1371 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2009, 05:05 PM

If allowed aloe vera plants put out new plants regurally from the roots the plant will not do this until the original plant is big enough but once it starts it will continue. I have found that the plants prefer to be slightly root bound so we grow the shoots in baby food jars until they are about 10 in tall and by then there are 3 to 4 smaller plants around it. If you are weeding the pot you may be weeding out the shoots and not knowing it
    tadita83 Posts: 130, Reputation: 16

Mar 18, 2009, 08:29 PM

I agree with hulk. These things grow like crazy if you keep them root bound and then take out the "babies" for replanting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aloe vera and renal patients [ 3 Answers ]

Are aloe vera safe to use for hemo dialysis patients

Sunburn--Allergic reaction to aloe. [ 4 Answers ]

HI there, I am wondering if there is some product that I can use to minimize my burns? Something that doesn't contain aloe... I seem to have an allergic reaction to it...

Opinions on Aloe [ 5 Answers ]

I am actually curious about many things about this plant. My brother calls it a cure-all. (He used to have an aloe plant & would break the leaves open and use the gunk on burns and such.) But in the immediate... my brother also said he once used it to help clean out his intestines. He does...

Aloe slimming soap [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know the properties or contents of aloe slimming soap. Can a pregnant person use it ?

View more questions Search