Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhiannahunt Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2009, 12:23 PM
    Finished basement needs some looking at
    Hello! We are currently renting a home with friends, and the homes basement is finished. Has carpet and everything. Has appliances, bathroom and such. The problem is that it is so dirty. The ceiling boards are great, but we are missing 6 of them and we can see spider webs and boards.

I guess my questions are

Where can we get ceiling boards? Preferably the cheap but looks great route? Can we use just wood?

Decorating... We need storage. Does anyone know any thing we can make for storage that will look nice?

Check out some similar questions!

How do I add vents in my finished basement? [ 7 Answers ]

I have finished the framing and I need to run some lines from the trunk lines into the newly added rooms in my basement. I built soffits around the main/trunk lines and I'm wondering if I should have done the HVAC ducts first. I thought I'd run a rectangular duct through the soffit and just put the...

Cold Air Returns In A Finished Basement [ 10 Answers ]

I have built four rooms in my basement, one has a gas fireplace installed in it, one is a bathroom with a vent to the outside, one bedroom and one rec room. I have tapped off the main heat duct and installed diffusors in the center of each rooms ceiling. I am now in the process of installing...

Heating a finished basement [ 2 Answers ]

I have a finished basement, furnished and live in the Midwest. I do not use the are very rarely in the winter. I would like to know how much it would decrease my heating bill. I could close it off with a temporary closure. I have all the heat ducts closed. Is it worth the effort to close it...

Basement toilet way too far from finished wall. [ 4 Answers ]

I had our house built 5 years ago roughed in for 1/2 bath in the basement. Now that I'm finishing the basement, I've run into a problem. All the walls are framed, drywall is up and bath is ready for toilet installation. Much to my chagrin, I realized now that the center of the soil stack is 20"...

Plumbing in a finished basement [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently finishing the basement in my home built about 2 years ago. The people that did the plumbing and heating didn’t want to spend the time to keep all of the plumbing and ductwork up in the joists so I’m having to move a bunch of it. I actually have 2 questions: 1. I have an A/C...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.