Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tntdynamite Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Feb 23, 2009, 11:01 AM
    Appropriate response
    How do I respond when people tell me they're sorry-like for a death of family member, friend, or pet. Should I say, "It's okay", "Thank you", or just smile politely?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 11:12 AM

Thank you for your wishes during this time, or a simple thank you.

They will understand you emotional state and not take hard feelings if you don't answer the best way.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 24, 2009, 08:56 PM

A Thank you is enough!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 11:09 AM

I just lost my grandfather on Wednesday. All kinds of people, people that I didn't know knew me are all saying, "so sorry to hear about your loss." I simply smile and say "thank you."

That's enough. Don't worry about it - and focus on healing. Consider those that take the time to say something as people who are hoping for a swift healing of your heart.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 11:29 AM

Yeah, I got that a lot when my mom died. What else do you say besides "Thank you?" That's all I seemed to come up with. As much as I appreciated the concern from people I got tired of people telling me they were sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tom, why have I not seen a response from him for a while? [ 4 Answers ]

This is not a plumbing question but a question about a plumbing person. Tom has always been so active on here every since I have been on AMHD but for the past few weeks I can not remember seeing his response to anything. Can anyone tell me why? And if it might be a health problem, I say Tom Get...

First response? [ 2 Answers ]

How efficient are the early pregnancy tests such as First Response? There are so many to chose from. I was supposed to get my period yesterday ,but never came and I always get it on the same day I can almost time it.

I really need a response. I'm only 16. [ 13 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I wanted to know what "it felt like" to be inside... we didn't want to have sex, we just wanted to see how it felt. I know that was a stupid mistake but we did. All he did was go inside and then come out, we didn't do anything else. We did this on Thursday, and on Saturday there...

Asking for response [ 2 Answers ]

How can you treat the subject of an essay objectively while still trying to persuade readers of your point ?

View more questions Search