Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mwiller123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 09:42 AM
    Convert A.Illustraor "letterhead" file to Word file to type letters in
    Hi there,

I have created a letterhead template/file in Adobe Illustrator in colour. I know I can "convert to Word file" in Illustrator, but the images (logo, text) come out a bit fuzzy and unclean. I want to be able to open the letterhead in Word so that I can type letters directly on the letterhead and print so that it prints my letter with the letterhead. It would be preferable to have the word version all in black and white also. Does anyone have a solution or any advice?

Thanks very much!

Best regards,
    Michelle
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 10:01 AM

Interesting!

Are you describing fuzzy image on a printed page or on the screen image?

What type of printer are you using and what level of Postscript do you have?

From Word, are you trying to print a Postscript file or a PCL file (PCL 5e or PCXL)?

You could be looking at font and image rendering between the two applications.

Would you be willing to send me a print file of the failing document to study? If so, please send me a private message and we can set things up.

Also, do you know if your printer has the ability to store a macro? If it does, then you can define the Logo and text and call it from the Word document. When the Macro is called form the document, it would be pulled from the printer's memory, added to the print page and the rest of the document would follow.

By storing the heading once on the printer, your page would print faster because the image would already be on the printer.
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Feb 23, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwiller123 View Post
    Hi there,

I have created a letterhead template/file in Adobe Illustrator in colour. I know I can "convert to Word file" in Illustrator, but the images (logo, text) come out a bit fuzzy and unclean. I want to be able to open the letterhead in Word so that I can type letters directly on the letterhead and print so that it prints my letter with the letterhead. It would be preferable to have the word version all in black and white also. Does anyone have a solution or any advice?

Thanks very much!!

Best regards,
    Michelle
    Please see this link:

HerGeekness Says: Convert Custom Letterhead to Microsoft Word Templates | CreativePro.com

In particular, note the instructions that say:

Convert your art into either of the two high-quality image file formats that Microsoft Office programs understand best: PNG for rasters, and EMF (Enhanced Windows Metafile) for vectors. Formats you're more familiar with, such as PDF, EPS, and even TIFF, often cause problems, either with Word itself, or the RAM/RIPs (or lack of same) in end users' printers.

Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife on L1 last year, now on H4. Should I file under "Married filing Jointly" [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My wife was working in US in 2007 under L1 visa & we filed our taxes in 2007 under the category "Married filing Jointly". She left her job & is now under H4 visa all through 2008. Can we file again this year under the same category even though she is no longer having an income? She has a SSN.

F1, J1 and "pending lawful permanent resident". What form to file? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi This is my case: I came to California from lebanon in summer 2005 on F1 student visa. My OPT began Feb2nd 2007. I worked from July07 till now in an engineering company. My status was F1 (and OPT) till feb1st 2008, J1 afterwards as a trainee for supposibly 18 months. However I started my...

Recovering contact list from "my backup" file. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. I had to reformat my computer after my son alterd a bios setting halting the computers ability to boot up. When reformating, a program called PC angel was able to dump my C hardrive into a file called "my backup" which was accessible after I was complete. You still have to reinstall...

".is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I have an external HDD in which I have made a partion T. When I was transferring my data (name for example xyz) from desktop computer to the external HDD in T folder, the transfer, in the midway, failed because of failed connectivity of my external HDD to desktop computer, so I tried...

View more questions Search