Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sleight Posts: 17, Reputation: -1

Feb 23, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    If you have all of these assets I don't know what the quandry is. You want to be with her. She wants to be with you. You have the means to support and shelter her and her children. She leaves "him" and comes to live with you. Very few 16 year olds are in College and have their own home, vehicle and insurance so you definitely can take care of her (and her children).

The Court decides whether she's fit or not fit and that's how custody of the children is awarded.

Maybe she's a predator; maybe she's not. I don't see that as the issue.

You want to be together, you have the means - I don't think I understand the problem, why you can't move the relationship to the next level.
    I agree with you, I think the problem is that, she is still married, and that she is 14 hours away with two kids. The financials are not an issue, I just don't know how to tell or show her that I'm ready to be with her.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleight View Post
    What are your opinions regarding dating her face to face to ensure that we truly want to be bound?
    Frequency of in-person contact so you get to know each other in real time and in real space.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Thank you, sir, for posting a reasonable, calm, and somewhat amicable response to my original post. I do agree with you on all accounts, including telling my parents (even though I am emancipated) and not having a relationship that is "in the dark." However, I'm sure you are aware as am I, that online relationships do not connotate directly into a perfect face to face relationship. What are your opinions regarding dating her face to face to ensure that we truly want to be bound?

I work in the legal field. I'm extremely up front and to the point by nature, education and experience.

So here goes - I would consider dating her (and that includes a face to face meeting) when she is married to be cheating on her husband. For that matter I consider any type of emotional or physical relationship when it is unknown to a partner to be cheating - but that's not the question.

If you want to date her face to face instead of needing to sneak around, then she tells her husband and you date. My concern is that if the person you are interested in is going behind the back of her husband, there's a good possibility at some point she'll do the same thing to you. If a man is honorable with his wife, I assume he will behave in an honorable fashion with me. It's a conscious choice a person makes concerning how he/she will live his/her life.

I conduct matrimonial investigations on a fairly regular basis - I have found that there are what I call serial cheaters. There are also people who cheat once, cause serious harm to their marriage or relationship, learn a lesson and never cheat again. Only you know the woman, her behavior and mindset.

I know nothing of on line relationships, unfortunately.

My other concern is that she is 32 and you are 16. If - and only you know this - for whatever reason she wants/needs a young man, what will happen when you are 25 and she is 41? Does she go behind your back, looking for a younger man? Or is she interested in you because she's simply interested in you.

And for the record concerning relationships - I was divorced and single for quite a while. I met my husband on a set up. Neither one of us wanted to meet. Neither one of us could think of a viable excuse not to meet. So we met. And he opened the door to the restaurant. My heart stopped. Neither one of us dated anyone else starting at that moment. We were married within weeks. So, yes, I do believe in lightning striking, whatever you want to call it.

What if he had been married and I had known it and we had met and my heart had stopped when I saw him? I could see that lives could be destroyed, that there would have been a lot of pain in all directions.

I think you can't begin a good relationship with a lie, which is what is going on if her husband doesn't know about you. If she is ready to move on - and she apparently is - she has to do the honorable thing, everything else aside.
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 11:26 AM
    I agree with you, I think the problem is that, she is still married, and that she is 14 hours away with two kids. The financials are not an issue, I just don't know how to tell or show her that I'm ready to be with her.

You say, "I want to be with you." She says "Yes" or she says "No."

Feb 23, 2009, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You say, "I want to be with you." She says "Yes" or she says "No."
    Thank you so much.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 12:02 PM

Sleight. I'd really like to know how a 16 year old has a home, an income, is in college and all the other stuff you mentioned.

I mean wow, this is so far out, it's unbelieveable. Do you actually think we're that stupid? Really?

Do you know what an internet troll is? Look it up, perhaps you'll see your picture beside the definition.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 23, 2009, 12:03 PM

I'm 34, and I don't have a home! I'm online, and I like to meet new friends. Can you be my boyfriend? Do you have a corvette?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Sleight. I'd really like to know how a 16 year old has a home, an income, is in college and all the other stuff you mentioned.

I mean wow, this is so far out, it's unbelieveable. Do you actually think we're that stupid? Really?

Do you know what an internet troll is? Look it up, perhaps you'll see your picture beside the definition.
    And he needed our permission to ask "her" an obvious question?

Feb 23, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post

My grandfather is very successful in what he does, gaining liquidity and/or capitol isn't an issue. I'll leave it at that. Whether you believe it or not isn't any of my cocern to be perfectly honest, just don't put others down because they decided to get ahed in life, or have helping hands.

Feb 23, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Comment on starbuck8's post
    I could understand this coming from a normie like me, but from a "relationship expert?" Come on.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 12:18 PM

Are you not concerned that she is only after your money?

Is your mother involved in your life? Why are you emancipated?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 12:19 PM
    My grandfather is very successful in what he does, gaining liquidity and/or capitol isn't an issue. I'll leave it at that. Whether you believe it or not isn't any of my cocern to be perfectly honest, just don't put others down because they decided to get ahed in life, or have helping hands.
    That's not what you said. You said you worked, that you're in college, not that you're a poor little rich boy.

Wait, if this is true, well, now I see why the 32 year old is so interested. Maybe she's not a pedophile after all, maybe she's just a gold digger.

Sorry kid, not buying any of this. I've been around long enough to recognize bull when I hear it!

Try again.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Capitol s/b capital and he's going to support you financially in this endeavor?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 23, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Grandpa's not going to like you so much when you lose all of his money to a cougar!
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 12:31 PM

Now this would be a concern to me - if you're in an adult relationship you have to be able to stand on your own two feet, not lean on your grandfather (although I'm not sure this is what you're planning to do).

Feb 23, 2009, 12:32 PM
    I didn't say that my grandfather was my benefactor by any means, I surely can't rely on him to fund everything. Once again, I don't expect you to believe it, since the situation is on the high end of the bell curve. She is wealthy as well, so that's not a concern, or I would have mentioned it in my OP. I am in college, pursuing an MMA.
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 12:36 PM
    I didn't say that my grandfather was my benefactor by any means, I surely can't rely on him to fund everything. Once again, I don't expect you to believe it, since the situation is on the high end of the bell curve. She is wealthy as well, so that's not a concern, or I would have mentioned it in my OP. I am in college, persuing an MMA.

Well, I've been on your side up until now but 16, pursuing an MMA (Masters/Music or Master/Marine).

I don't think it's possible. Working on your bachelors, sure.

Enrolled in the Masters program? I don't think so.

Sorry - I concur with the others at this point.

I fail to see how the money (in any event), yours or hers, has anything to do with not continuing to live a lie.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 12:36 PM
    I didn't say that my grandfather was my benefactor by any means, I surely can't rely on him to fund everything. Once again, I don't expect you to believe it, since the situation is on the high end of the bell curve. She is wealthy as well, so that's not a concern, or I would have mentioned it in my OP. I am in college, persuing an MMA.
    Pursuing a what?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 12:37 PM

Maybe you could enlighten me as to what an MMA is, because when I hear that I think Mixed Martial Arts.

Second, you say you work hard for everything, yet have had a silver spoon in your mouth for how long? I'm not buying what you're selling
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 12:39 PM

I was hoping he wasn't implying a master's degree, that's why I asked(not for lack of education)

Dude, no way are you 16 going for a master's

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Online dating [ 31 Answers ]

Anyone experience with meeting someone after talking to them for months? The aniticipation?

Dating a level 1 sex offender [ 10 Answers ]

I am dating a level 1 sex offender who earned this title by a crappy attorney and being set up by marrying into an incest family knowingly after the fact. Him being a level 1 offender and having to see a corrections officer through DOC (Department of Corrections) twice a month and them basically...

Online Dating [ 3 Answers ]

Im curious now. I have come across plenty of upset ladies because their men are registered on online dating. Is that considered cheating? (I suppose in the cyber world if there are flirts and emails going on with a complete stranger than that's saying something isnt)?

Online dating [ 50 Answers ]

If you really really trust your partner, however find out through his email that he is registered with an online dating website... How would u feel? And why would he do that?

Online dating - what do I say to her? [ 16 Answers ]

I have now been single for five years, before that I was in an 11 year relationship that when bust. Ready for dating but it's not so easy find dates for my age group in pubs and clubs. I have joined a dating agency. What do I say to get that first response? Tell her about myself, my hobbies;...

View more questions Search