Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bearmountaineer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 09:39 PM
    Acer 5520 Laptop - Keyboard Issue?
    I have an Acer 5520 laptop. Often, when entering text, I find that the cursor has migrated to a different part of the screen for no reason, and I have to edit text to correct problems which occur for no reason. (I am not touching any other keys, nor am I leaning on the computer. My hands are above but not touching the machine.) Any ideas?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 05:39 AM

I have the same problem. I used to think that I wasn't touching anything also, but I learned that my problem is caused by my gently touching the touchpad. Sometimes I have to turn it off so I can type without having the cursor jump all over the place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard and mouse dead, ACER 5100 @ boot [ 1 Answers ]

I have replaced the MB in this laptop, the original had liquid spill. The keyboard and the mouse pad are dead on boot. Looking for possible causes.

Acer laptop, no sound through headphones [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently had to reinstall windows vista because it doid not accept live messenger. Since the reinstallation the headphone doesn't work and I don't understand why. I plug the headphone and the laptop speakers are still active. Tried to find this option in the sound settings but could not. Any...

ACER Laptop's keyboard. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ACER ASPIRE 5100, and the keyboard all of a sudden is acting strange. The "j" types a "1", the "k" types a "2", the "m" a "0", but 90 percent of the other keys type fine. I have not spilt anyhing on it or dropped, outside of cleaning it with a slightly damp paper towel. Don't know...

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

View more questions Search