Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ambie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 06:36 PM
    Is there a way I can find out who is calling me private?
    This is a non-stop everyday thing.. I try not answering, but they just keep calling. I do answer sometimes and they have nothing to say. I don't know if this is a telemarketer or someone I might know. Please help me out :confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2009, 06:45 PM

No, you can't really find out about the "private" callers. A few years ago I had someone calling me up at least 2 dozen times a day at all hours of the day and night. Nothing I could do about it. I ended up changing my phone number.

I did have a caller about a year or so ago who kept calling me up. I ended up getting a dial up internet connection so my phone was perpetually busy. Anyone who wanted to speak to me called me on my cell phone.

You can get an answering machine that lets you screen callers before you pick up the phone but it will still ring.

I tried contacting the phone company about the "private" number thing and got nowhere. I did figure out however, that the first caller was calling me through a computer. I did know who it was but there was nothing I could do about it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 06:59 PM

And if it is harassment notify the police and file a complaint

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find grants and/or scholarships for private high schools? [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for sources for grants or scholarships for private high schools as well as private elementary school education and all I see is stuff for college. Any thoughts as to where I can go?

Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling,Marie will you keep calling me [ 2 Answers ]

"Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling, Marie will you keep calling me" Every time the word"calling" is sung, it's held and rises. Any hints re anything? Title, artist, lyrics? Probably early 1950s.

What do I do with name calling [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is joshua wells I'm 13 soon to be 14 in January 17 I'm asking you a question... what do I do when people call me names I don't want to talk to my mom because she said she will take me out of the school and I don't want that or if I tell a teacher or something ill get another name......

Private Room in Private Home [ 8 Answers ]

I am renting a room and bathroom to a tenant. I have problems with excessing use of the in-home washer and dryer. I have asked tenant to restrict laundry to once a week, but she has not adhered to this. When I leave for work, I turn the power breaker OFF to the Washer and dryer, but she has...

Who's calling? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been receiving a private call on my phone, how do I unblock the call and final who has been insulting me Moved to own thread Scott<> You should not piggyback your question on someone else's thread.

View more questions Search