Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sodium Posts: 250, Reputation: 6

Feb 22, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Early Childhood Educators!
    I was curious, to all you ECE's out there, how is it?
    Is it hard to find work like at a daycare?
    I also am curious to know how I would go about becoming one later in my life,
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2009, 12:06 AM

Hi, Sodium!

Perhaps you might consider asking an early childhood educator if you could "shadow" them for a few days to see what it's like and then maybe find out more if it's something that you might want to do?

The jobs aren't hard to find. Usually, they're listed in a newspaper in addition to being listed online.

There are also teaching degrees offered at many if not most colleges and universities that are in early childhood education.

I haven't been specifically only an early childhood educator. But, I have taught all levels of music, cultural awareness and fine arts from pre-school through the college level in public and private schools for many years. As such, I've worked with specifically, early childhood educators also, for many years.

Hopefully, others will also be along to address your question.

Thanks!

Feb 23, 2009, 09:12 PM

Thank you:)
    I know for sure I want to work with kids. I'm surrounded by them all the time:)
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 12:25 AM

Hi again, Sodium!

So, are you set in your mind as far as the ages of children with whom you would like to work, please?

Thanks!

Feb 24, 2009, 06:05 PM

Anywehre from like 9 months to 4

Feb 24, 2009, 06:05 PM
    But mainly toddlers
    Like age 1-2 area
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2009, 05:37 AM

Check with a few centers in your area and find out what the educational requirements are. Some may require an actual degree in early childhood education, others may require a specific number of college credits in that area or completion of a certificate program as a minimum.
    Usually it is not difficult to obtain a position as the turn over can be quite high. The pay is often not the best, but if someone enjoys working with young children they usually aren't going into the profession for the money.
    You can also check out specific centers through the licensing board. You will be able to see what they may have been written up for, how timely matters were taken care of, etc..

Feb 25, 2009, 02:07 PM

I was planning on going to check one out soon. Thanks:)
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2010, 12:46 AM
    To anyone who continues to post on this thread...

It's now old and archived, so not generally visible unless someone visits the forum topic are where it's located or is notified because there's activity on it because they've posted on the thread.

If you have a question or want to comment on something, it would be best if you would start a new thread so that what you post will be noticed the most.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Early Childhood SPED job interview [ 1 Answers ]

I have a job interview next week at an Early Childhood center looking for someone to work with 3-5 yr. olds with delays or disabilities. I have a BS in Elem Ed, my area of concentration was Early childhood and I had taken 15 hours of coursework back in college. They are willing to hire someone...

Early Childhood [ 3 Answers ]

What Does it take to become a Early Childhood Teacher:p

View more questions Search