Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khyktn Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2009, 03:04 PM
    Best glue to use
    I make books with little sayings in them. I'm a bit of a novice at this, however, I have sold a few. I like working with stick glue if it is something small and not too complicated. But I use the glue called, "YES" for larger, more heavy duty projects. I like the glue but find it very sticky and usually have to wipe the whole project down with a damp papertowel trying to get the sticky places off when I finish. This is very frustrating. Does anyone know of a glue that is maybe more like a 'paste' that does not leave such a sticky residue everywhere? Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2009, 12:11 AM

Hi, khyktn!

I'm sorry that no one has yet come along to address your question! What are your books constructed out of and how large are they, pLease?

Thanks!
    khyktn Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2009, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, khyktn!

I'm sorry that no one has yet come along to address your question! What are your books constructed out of and how large are they, pLease?

Thanks!
    My books range from 4 inches square to a rather large one that I am currently constructing which measures 5 in X 12 in. I use mat board -- the board that is used when framing pictures. I cover the mat board with different types of paper, i.e. handmade, découpage, wrapping paper, etc. Also, I have found out, by doing some research on the internet over the weekend, that YES glue is definitely not the best glue to use, period. So, here I am still searching, researching, testing, and being 'tested'!! :mad:

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 09:14 AM

Have you tried the little glue dots? They're not messy at all and hold up great! They come on a ribbon kind of like stamps do.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Glue Dots, Dot Shot Pro, Econodot, Autodot, SynchroDot Pro

Here's a link
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2009, 09:47 AM

I might suggest some of the spray glues. Yes, it's very tacky, but it won't ooze out on you.

Maybe something like: Acid Free Spray Glue
    Clarizzy Posts: 26, Reputation: -2

May 15, 2009, 08:45 AM

Spray glue usually does not leave any sticky residue, but at times it depends on what paper you are using.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PVC glue on ABS pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I glued my ABS pipe with PVC glue... will it be OK

Gorilla Glue [ 1 Answers ]

What are the active ingredients in plain Gorilla Glue?

Appropriate glue [ 13 Answers ]

I have been doing a craft project that I need to glue a coiled piece of 20 gauge wire to the handle of cutlery (stainless steel) I cannot seem to find a glue that will hold. Please advise.

Using pvc with glue wiped off ? [ 3 Answers ]

I was trying to glue a 3 in pvc tee and could not make the connection.I immediately wiped off the glue from both ends without joining them, can I reuse the tee?

I need glue for the body [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing a photoshoot for school. And I need to know what glue is the best and where can I get it. I'm glueing little pieces of mirror-type-glass on my models body. Help!

View more questions Search