Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lavanyaa Posts: 190, Reputation: 4

Feb 21, 2009, 10:49 PM
    Acne treatment
    I'm severely suferring 4m acne since 4yrs tried all types of remedies no use.. my skin is an oily skin how to remove oilish from my face... during heavy sunny day I used to get very reddish acnes rashes on my face...

Anyone tell me what shd b done to recover frm thiz
    Peanuts825 Posts: 27, Reputation: -2

Feb 22, 2009, 01:40 AM

Use alcohol on your face everyday.. 2 to 3 times... My daughter has acne real bad.. I've been having her to do that and it's helping to clear it up

Feb 22, 2009, 03:48 AM
    Can you brifly describe wats the alcoho and wer to get,, thanks 4 your ans
    Shelesh Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Feb 22, 2009, 04:11 AM

Can it be used for types of skin?
    Peanuts825 Posts: 27, Reputation: -2

Feb 22, 2009, 10:22 AM
    Just rubbing alcohol... you can buy it anywhere, it's cheap.. 50%Isopropyl Alcohol first Aid Antiseptic, it don't mention nothing about acne on the bottle.. it says it's good for minor cuts, scrapes, burns.. but it works on acne really well.. it opens the pores.. Good Luck, hope it works for you to ;)
    Shelesh Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Feb 23, 2009, 03:48 AM

Thx for the advice!!

Feb 23, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Fine will try this and inform u soon... thanks 4 d idea

Apr 3, 2009, 10:35 AM

What the case for severe acne tis comes or increasing more in sun or summer with more acne with reddish rashes in faces... dont know how to control this
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 3, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Have you been checked for lupus. This sounds like the classic butterfly rash associated with lupus. It could also be rosacia, a dermatologist would have to diagnose this.
    Holistic Doctor Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Apr 3, 2009, 07:23 PM

I agree with J_9 that it could be something other than just acne if it is photosensitive and increases if you go out in the sun.

You should have it checked by a doctor, if possible.

In the meanwhile, you could follow these general rules for reducing acne:

Reduce oiliness of the skin by using a medicated soap.
    Remove blackheads regularly (do no squeeze out unripe follicles!)
    Eat a well-balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
    Avoid fast foods and junk foods.
    Avoid chocolates, nuts, fried and fatty foods.

As a home remedy, you may try this:
    Make a paste of 1/2 tablespoon honey, 1/2 tsf each of turmeric and ginger powders.
    Leave it on overnight.

If it is acne, it will reduce with this treatment.
    If it doesn't reduce, you will know it is something else!

Apr 4, 2009, 08:42 AM
    I will try out with is ideas...

All people says avoid chocolate I don't know how this chocolate works for getting acne??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Actually it is not diet that causes acne according to the most recent studies. It is genetics as well as cleanliness.

I disagree with the alcohol advice as alcohol is drying. You could end up looking 50 when you are 30. The oils in our faces help us to look younger longer. I, for one, am 44 and have the complexion of a 25 year old due to the increased oil supply on my skin.
    elvis22 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2009, 08:49 AM

This may sound very weird but try vinegar and salt

It isn't the best remedy but it dried up mine in one use so if you continually use it like 2-3 times a week it should help.maybe.

But beware it does make your skin dry so make sure you have a moisturizer also

Apr 4, 2009, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Actually it is not diet that causes acne according to the most recent studies. It is genetics as well as cleanliness.

I disagree with the alcohol advice as alcohol is drying. You could end up looking 50 when you are 30. The oils in our faces help us to look younger longer. I, for one, am 44 and have the complexion of a 25 year old due to the increased oil supply on my skin.

I do have a very oily skin ,I agree with your point
    harryson9890 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 24, 2011, 06:10 AM
    1. Squeeze the juice out of fresh lemons or limes.
    Apply the juice directly on your acne scars using a cotton ball. Let your skin soak up the lemon juice for a while before washing it off with water. Lemon juice improves the appearance of dark acne scars and blemishes by lightening them.
    2. Mix sandalwood with a few drops of rosewater to make a paste.
    The sandalwood and rosewater paste can be used as a facial mask and can be directly applied on the scarred area. Leave the paste on for more than an hour. Wear it overnight if you can. Wash off completely with water. This is an effective method of acne scars treatment because of sandalwood's soothing and cooling effect on the skin.
    3. Slice up a tomato and place it over your face.
    Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A that hinders overproduction of sebum that causes acne. Vitamin A also has antioxidant qualities that refreshes and renews scarred and damaged skin.
    4. Olive oil does not only improve the taste of food, but can also improve the appearance of acne scars.
    Massage olive oil on the scarred skin. Olive oil has a moisturizing quality that softens the skin's texture and reduces visibility of acne scars.
    5. Honey is another natural moisturizer that can help in treating acne scars.
    You can use honey as a mask or orally take a specially formulated honey acne scar treatment.
    6. To treat acne scars, use this mixture as a face mask:
    1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, and a few drops of lemon juice. Pat the mixture onto acne scars, leave on for 10 minutes, and rinse off.
    7. A popular way of how to treat acne scar is to use a face mask made of tomatoes and cucumbers.
    These two combined can greatly reduce the visibility of acne scars. Using a tomato and cucumber face mask also tightens the pores of the skin giving it a nice, even texture.
    8. To get a quick relief from acne scars.
    Rub some ice cubes in a pack on the affected area. This soothes the irritated skin and also shrinks the size of pores.
    9. Fenugreek is an effective solution to how to treat acne scars.
    You can make a paste out of fenugreek leaves and use it as a face mask. You can also boil Fenugreek seeds in water and use the solution on acne scars after it cools down.
    10. Lavender oil
    Saturate a cotton ball with a few drops of acne-fighting essential oil such as lavender oil. Apply it on acne scars at least two times a day.
    11. Use cucumber juice or fresh cucumber paste as a face mask.
    Cucumber soothes inflammation, refreshes the skin, and heals acne scars.
    12. Egg whites are a cheap yet effective way of how to treat acne scar.
    Dab some egg whites onto acne scars using a cotton ball and leave on overnight to prevent acne and treat acne scars.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Have you tired this natural acne treatment? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I came across this site and I was wondering if anyone else has used this before? I have a friend who just ordered it but hasn't seen the full effects yet because she's only just started with the treatment a day or so ago. Anyway please let me know I would be grateful. Thank you :)...

View more questions Search