Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    captianjacksparrow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2006, 07:08 PM
    Help with fasion.. hair skin,anything.
    Ok so my first question is does anyone know if there is a name for this kind of hair style (Probably not)
    http://www.northernstars.ca/actorspq...s_ryan_250.jpg

Reason I'm asking is well.. I REALLY want that hair. Ive had the same hair style almost my whole life :( scissor cut. It finally has gotten to me. The problem I'm having also is that my hair is kind of wavy and its pretty difficult to have longer hair styles that I like. I really hate curly hair :P Well anyway I know NOTHING about hair... in fact all I do is take 2 sometimes 3 showers a day... shampoo once maybe twice. And dry my hair roughly with a towel. I really haven't cared about my hair up until now. In fact I'm trying to change, I don't really want to look dull anymore. (Btw I'm 15) that's why if your getting annoyed of me dragging this on its normal :) I'm also a bit overweight and am losing the weight. I guess I've reached that point in my life where I'm starting to care about how I look and what people "Mainly girls" think of me. You see I'm the guy that girls always look at as a friend due to the weight and kind of scruffy hair "As in I dont do it"... Really I find it funny how guys ask me how I talk to all the girls all the time yet none of them thinks of me that way.. Wich also in result makes some guys think I'm gay (Not that there's anything wrong with it) I just don't want to leave that impression. I want to ditch this style I have right now because I want to change,I have also changed the way I eat. No more crap in my system and only liquid I'm drinking is water.

So in other words.. Im trying to change my appearance.. Alot!

After I'm done everything I will even post a picture of myself to show everyone. I don't want to post a picture right now because I'm a bit shy.

So here are so questions I need to know.

Well... ANY advice about hair or skin I could take (I have pretty bad acne)
    Also how short should I cut my hair for that style up there... When I'm at the barber shop they always ask me (do you want a 3-5.. er around there) and I just wing it and give them a number and find out its wrong. I always tell the barber the WRONG things so I end of going home cursing at myself.. Anyway I have let my hair grow in a bit and it should a be good length to go to the barbers. Also I want to know what kind of hair style should I use that isn't so "Visible" and gives me a bit of a natural look. (As in none of those gels that make your hair crispy hard). Anyway I'm looking for ALL advice and please don't bash me for my horrible grammar... I'm 15.

I know its its been a bit of a long post so I will stop typing right now...
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Sep 6, 2006, 06:48 PM
    Hey Captain,

Just been browsing the site and noticed there were no replies to your post, so I thought I'd better get to it!

I'm in Australia, and I think what you mean by "barber shop" is a hairdressing place just for guys. I get the picture in my mind that you have a middle-aged man wanting to cut your hair and get to the next person as quickly as possible. I might be wrong though!

I'd recommend going to a regular hairdresser, even what would appear to be a "girls" one, as the ladies (or men) employed there really have great sense of style. Print that picture and take it with you! They will know what you want and what will suit you.

As for your skin, if you still have acne even though you are clearly on a great diet and drinking plenty of water, I would go to your local doctor and ask for some medication. I took a tablet called "Minomicin" over the course of three months and my skin completely cleared. I stopped taking it about a month ago and have not had one breakout since.

Good on you to take an interest in yourself! :)
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Sep 6, 2006, 06:56 PM
    This is a link that you might find useful with regards to clothing, etc.

http://fashion.about.com/cs/teentips/l/blguystyle.htm

Also, I forgot to mention above, once you have your rockin' new hairstyle, a great product for guys... rather than gel, use wax. You can style it every which way you want and this is a great natural look.
    calover16m Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Jun 29, 2007, 11:41 PM
    To help with your acne you can try to use proactive. If you want to get your hair cut like that try taking the picture in to show the hairstylist and if they still ask you how much you want off just ask for their opinion. I also think its great that you've decided to eat healthier and exercise to stay in shape. Many young adults (including myself) don't understand the importance of being healthy. I wish you the best and make sure to notify people when you post that picture of yourself!
    lilmisscook Posts: 18, Reputation: -1

Jul 22, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Wash hair very 2 days and dry with dryyer and gat hair layered
    hi_sausage Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 09:11 PM
    Hey dude.

My hair was crap curly, so I got it straightened chemically so I can get it wet and it will remain straight. Its called Japanese straightening or something like that. Its crazy expensive ($150au for me) so do it when its shorter than your ideal length, and let it take a month or two to grow to your ideal length.. n another month before you cut it.. that way it will be straight for the longest time! U can get it coloured cept can't bleach it because of the straightening. But chicks love it and you can get like pretty much any hairstyle you want.

I had some acne.. I stopped eating sugary foods or junk food.. so I don't eat donuts and cakes, chips.. stuff like that. It totally sucks but I want that clean skin image so I don't care.. my skins kind of cleared up.. still annoying though, I tried everythn cept roaccutane(this crazy strong medication) and I probably won't try that because I love my pain-free joints and un cracked lips..

As for fashion.. err just copy these guys: http://lovme2.files.wordpress.com/20...uperjunior.jpg
    Haha... u know,
    Mix and match, girls love them so.. yeah.

N if you think your weights a problem and you want to lose it, then go ahead, it will probably attract more "higher social status" girls (remember we're being 100% superficial here, there's nothn not shallow about fashion.)
    Make sure your jeans fit, and the best is if its kind of tight on the upper thigh part of your leg.. because.. u don't want a baggy .

N remember, accessories make your appearance look compLIcaTED and that's good. When someone's got to stare at you for a bit to know what your wearing.. so stuff like Scarf, sunnies, crazy- belt, CONVerSe shoes are awesom if your going for that style.. Jeans with sum creases,texture fades,rips,watever just don't wear plain baggy jeans, even stick some on some CHains and wear shiny stuff, earring is pretty hardcore.. but necklace yeah.. loose singlet and + leather Jacket looks crazy..

IF tonnes of girls talk 2u then do this and they'll probably stop talkn so much, because they'l start liking u, n they don't want to "stuff up" in front of u.

Go for it man because its a lot of fun, and when your older and tired of it all, settle down with that girl that stuck by you n loved you ever since you were that boring curly haired plump little one ;) jokes haha. Goodluck man.
    Miss-JS Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 04:26 PM

Aww bless you are so sweet. (Sorry - couldn't help it!)

Right, first your hair –
    As far as I know there is no specific name for the hair cut in the picture. You need to either print it out or find a similar cut that you like in a magazine. However you get them, you should take them to a hairdressers (to check that they cut guys hair too you could ring ahead, also at most hairdressers you need to make an appointment so ask when you are on the phone.
    When you are there show them the photo('s) and they will know what to do. Ask also (because it will be hard for any of us to know how to style your hair without seeing it) what products you need to use to get the finished effect and ask them to give you a quick demo of how to do it.
    If you do end up at a barber still take along the pictures and show them. If they say anything about a 3 or a 5 just ask how long / short it would be, better to have a moment or 2 being awkward than walking around with hair you don't like, eh!

Your skin - I am 19 and don't get as many spots as I used to so I don't really use spot cream's etc anymore but when I did the brand that worked best was Clearasil. They do many different products, the easiest one is the "Spot pads" that come in a round tub, you just wipe your face with one every day and its job done.

Clothes - don't worry too much about clothes, just stick to casual wear (loose t-shirts, jumpers, hoodies, jeans etc). And make sure they are clean and not too scruffy.

The most important thing is finding clothes, hair etc that you are comfortable with as confidence (but NOT big-headed-ness) is very attractive in a guy!

Good luck :)
    Miss-JS Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Ohh, also - washing so many times a day is not really a good thing! :o

It will keep you clean but it is not healthy for your hair to be washed so much and may dry out your skin.

You can still keep clean with just one shower a day!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

Laser Hair Removal for dark skin [ 2 Answers ]

I'm medium brown asian... want to remove my facial hair permanently... my skin is sensitive... I've heard that laser hair removal is only for those people who have light skin with dark hairs... what can I do to remove my hairs... coz I'm afraid of doing threading on my face because it could give...

View more questions Search