Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Aug 18, 2006, 06:44 PM
    Barnyard new movie warning to parents
    I just wanted to say that movie was awesome, but that there is a lot of adult humor in it, so I would recommend seeing it beofre you take your kids to ensure that the level is right for your kids. :P they drink mile like its alchohal...
    Joy ride/steal a car
    Death
    But those were basically the worst ones .
    Some other more subtle like stuff.
    Have fun :P
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2006, 05:21 AM
    For looking deeper, like you note, into movies, The US Conference of Catholic Bishops has a good movie review site. In their review of Barnyard, they say:

"Saving the film from being udder-ly disappointing is its admirable, if heavy-handed, message about embracing responsibility and putting the common good ahead of one's own self-interest. "A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others," Ben counsels Otis repeatedly.

The preachy and obvious manner in which it is conveyed works against the noble sentiment. Still, given our arrested-development age which celebrates extended adolescence and bemoans growing up, perhaps a little preaching is in order.

The film contains mildly crude humor, some menace and peril that may be upsetting to very young children, heedless theft and several mature story elements. The USCCB Office for Film & Broadcasting classification is A-II -- adults and adolescents. The Motion Picture Association of America rating is PG -- parental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for children. "
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Aug 19, 2006, 12:06 PM
    Ty ima have to book mark that page.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I do not know what to do... PLEASE HELP... (warning this is complicated) [ 14 Answers ]

OK, so I am very new to the whole "relationship" scene, I am 20 yrs old and just lost my virginity a month ago. I am a late bloomer yes, but I honestly wanted to wait to do the deed with someone I deeply cared about, and I can honestly say that I was falling in love with the girl I was with. The...

Animal warning device for cars [ 3 Answers ]

We suffer from accidents in my town because a lot of animals cross the road Suddenly I have heard of a device hanged in the car that keeps animals away of the road I want information about this device and how can I get one ?

Miranda Warning [ 3 Answers ]

Do you believe use of the Miranda warning has increased or decreased the number of confessions obtained in criminal cases

Warning - scary url sponsor [ 1 Answers ]

When I opened the Religion page today, at the top left is a link to "Disturbing Horoscope warning: very freaky scary" While I donot believe in or check my horoscope, I wondered what couold be scary about one, so I clicked on. That took me to a page that required birth details and also...

Browser windows close without warning [ 11 Answers ]

What causes windows(such as an IE browser window) to shutdown spontaeously??

View more questions Search