Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thestros4210 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 11:42 AM
    Will windows dowload drivers?
    Our computer recently crashed, we rebooted and in the process all of our drivers were deleted and not re installed when we rebooted... if we go out and buy the newest windows vista will the drivers be installed? :confused:
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 12:40 PM

Does the computer boot to windows at all?

What happened do you think made it crash?

What operating system do you have that crashed, XP or Vista?

if we go out and buy the newest windows vista will the drivers be installed?
    Depends on what Model PC you have, you may need to download some for mfg site.

The more info, the better to help out.
    thestros4210 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 12:47 PM
    Windows vista came with the computer when we bought it about 2 years ago... the computer turns on and loads but we can't get on the internet... the ip driver is missing... and we can't play any games because the 3d driver is missing along with all of them I think... the internet says its connected but it does not load. Not sure what made the computer crash... maybe a virus.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C:WINDOWSsystem32driversetchost some how its changed! [ 5 Answers ]

don't no if I'm putting this in right subject but anyway afew weeks ago I did ascan with avg 7 the free one and this came up C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\host and it says it has changed is this bad? Can it be fixed? Or is it OK leaving it the way it is? file |result/infection|path...

Virus in Hosts File inside Windows System32 folder [ 25 Answers ]

I have a virus in C:\\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts I'm using AVG free edition. I've put the file in the virus vault, it says it's possible to heal the file except that there isn't enough info to do so. Any ideas of what I should do?

Fix greyware. C:windowssystem32driversetchosts [ 8 Answers ]

AVG found the file and said it made a change to fix the problem, But trend housecall finds it every time. Housecall says it has successfully removed the infection from my PC and to run another scan, but it always comes up with it again every time I run it. Can someone tell me how to get rid...

C:WINDOWSsystem32driversetchosts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I can't find \etc\hosts in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ and AGV keeps telling me it has a reading error in this line. All the forums I have been to tell me to open the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts folder and edit it to... but it isn't there how do I reinstall this folder(\etc\host)...

How do I open c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts [ 2 Answers ]

I can't find it, and I need to. Does anyone know where its located?:confused:

View more questions Search