Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    df12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 10:32 AM
    My Dad once told me that he didn't think I was his son.
    I was camping with my Dad a few years ago when I was home from working overseas. We had spent the day exploring the local area and went to a local pub in the evening for a few drinks.

When we returned to the camp site, we stayed up listening to music and playing cards. By this point were were drinking Brandy and things were getting deep...

My Dad then told me that he didn't think I was his son?

We were both drunk and I laughed it off but it has always bugged me to this day! I have a great relationship with my Dad.

Should I approach this subject with my Dad again? Or should I let things be? :confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2009, 01:03 PM

If this really bothers you get a DNA test and see if he's really your biological dad or not. Have you asked your mother about this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 01:18 PM

Well I don't think you are my son either.
    But did it matter, my one son Charlie is adopted but at times we were closer than my natural kids.

So the real queston is "was he a good father" and is he still a great dad, sounds like it doing the dad things with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does he still like me even though he told me? [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I broke up with my ex boyfriend about 3 months ago because he moved to another state & he cried & I was crying as well. But didn't think I liked him anymore. He came down to my state one day for fathers day & I saw him & I broke into tears. We had a really good conversation & everything....

So I told him . [ 3 Answers ]

Well I just thought I'd update those of you who gave me advice, I told him. And although he says he wishes he felt the same, he doesn't have stronger feelings than friendship. I got to admit it hurts a little but I will get over it because our friendship is very special to me, and I want nothing...

I have not told anyone this, but. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this site but I am having a really hard time at the moment and I wanted some objective help. My life is a bit of a mess and I don't know where to begin to be honest. My mother and father have both been clinically depressed for years and my brother is currently...

I told you so! [ 3 Answers ]

YouTube - CNN/DOBBS: W FULFILLS HIS DAD'S DREAM OFA NEW WORLD ORDER

I told him... what do I do now? [ 2 Answers ]

So I tell my best friend that I like him and he takes it the wrong way. Now he is not talking to me because he says that he cannot hang out with a friend he has knows so long that likes him. We were best friends and now were nothing. (in his eyes). I still love him as a best firned and its like he...

View more questions Search