Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 09:37 AM
    Kudos to FOX, a news source looking out for us, we hope
    "FOX Business Network has won a victory against the Treasury Department in its Freedom of Information Act request for details about the government's bailout plan."
    FOX Business Wins FOIA Lawsuit Against Treasury - FOXBusiness.com

Says Kevin Magee (FOX News exec): "We're thrilled that this information is finally, and rightfully, going to be made available to the American public. Fox Business Network, as a news organization, believes it's important to hold the government accountable, especially for use of the bailout funds during this time of steep economic crisis."
    http://media.nationalreview.com/
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 10:34 AM

Hope they don't get the redacted version .
    The initial request, filed on Nov. 25, sought actual data on the use of the bailout funds for American International Group ,the Bank of New York Mellon .... and an additional request, filed on Dec. 1, sought similar data on the bailout funds for Citigroup Fox asked Treasury to identify the troubled assets purchased, any collateral extended, and any restrictions placed on these financial institutions for their participation in this program.
    Right now ;with Citi stock selling lower than their ATM fee this is relevent information.

Of course by April 6 the game may be up with Citi anyway ;and I'm not sure there is going to be a positive reaction in the market when the details emerge.

But I agree ;this is the prototypical reason why FOIA was made law.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2009, 03:15 PM

So if FOX News was so successful with the Stimulus Bill, why can't anyone get FOIA information about Obama's birth records, college records or passport records? Just getting a bill indexed is nothing compared to the real FOIA bazillion dollar question at hand.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2009, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    So if FOX News was so successful with the Stimulus Bill, why can't anyone get FOIA information about Obama's birth records, college records or passport records?
    Hello twinkie:

For the same reason nobody could find out why the dufus in chief ran away from the National Guard and hid under his bed.

excon
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2009, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello twinkie:

For the same reason nobody could find out why the dufus in chief ran away from the National Guard and hid under his bed.

excon
    As ol Al Gore said, "When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When you have neither, holler."
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 05:45 AM

I for one will assume that he is the legitimate President . There were a few on the fringe that continued to argue that President Bush was "selected " and not elected for 8 years. It was very annoying having to refute it time and time again .

Until one of these law suits forces disclosure to the contrary then I will not change my position. Consider this... the Evita machine would've used that information in the campaign if the Clintonoids could've obtained any information that would've disqualified him.

Now that being said. I do have to question why and how he got elected without releasing either his medical records or the transcripts of either Occidental College ,Harvard ,or Princeton . I think he is the 1st President since at least Kennedy where that information was withheld .
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 02:50 PM

Yeah good old Rupert. He's a stand up guy looking out for us battlers of the world!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello twinkie:

excon
    But Excon, we did find out that W. did go AWOL from the National Guard. Did that do any good, No. We just found out that he wanted to keep partying (excellent excuse I'm told). Well, he did "fly" in on the fighter onto the deck of the aircraft carrier and declare that We Won. Won what, I'm still waiting to find out that answer. If you know, send me a postcard, OK? And mail $2 to Happy Dude.
    The Twink
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 06:22 AM
    He was never AWOL . The Texas National Guard gave him an honorable discharge that shows that he fulfilled his training requirements. This is another of those ridiculous myths that won't go away... just like the Obama eligibility to be President .

But who am I to deny you from living in a fantasy world .
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    But Excon, we did find out that W. did go AWOL from the National Guard. Did that do any good, No. We just found out that he wanted to keep partying (excellent excuse I'm told). Well, he did "fly" in on the fighter onto the deck of the aircraft carrier and declare that We Won. Won what, I'm still waiting to find out that answer. If you know, send me a postcard, ok? And mail $2 to Happy Dude.
    The Twink
    TD
    After we WON WWII how long did we stay in Germany, France, and Japan? Oh I forgot we are STILL there! Winning and staying in a country to increase the chances of a stable government are two completely different things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this IN the news much? [ 2 Answers ]

Coast to coast had this on a little over a week ago and said it hadn't been in the news yet. They said that the FBI and the local police are not taking it serious and want to write it all off as suicide. I did hear it on another program once and they said that some of the college students are now...

The BAD news [ 5 Answers ]

A friend of mine is an accountant and has been doing my taxes for the last 3 years. Not until recently was I informed by him that he never filed my 05 taxes and lost all the documents. I being an idiot never thought about it after not receiving anything. I was told by him that I didn't get anything...

No News [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I have been dating this guy for about three weeks now and this past week I went out of town and since then I have not heard from the guy. I called him Sunday and left a short message, but other than that I have not had contact with him since last Wednesday. His birthday is coming up on the...

Good news or bad news are these doctors of their rocker? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, well I went to the doctor today concerning my miscarriage last week. Some of you may have read my post about having discharge and why the bleeding stopped (after only 3-4 days), well it turns out I am one of those women who can pass everything in 4 days. I have had an ultrasound...

View more questions Search